News:

• April 20, 2018, 07:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 535216 times)

magicdomino

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1275 on: September 01, 2015, 09:25:35 AM »
I has a kitty.  No, not the kind that needs food and vet care and clean litter boxes -- I have enough of those right now.  This kitty is from Home Depot.  The local Home Depot just started putting out their Halloween décor, including cat and dog skeletons with LED eyes.  When someone comes close enough, the eyes glow red, the jaw opens and closes, and the animal meows or barks.  The kitty is so cute.   :D  I may have to go back and get the dog.

Kitty:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-Animated-Skeleton-Cat-with-Leash-with-Light-and-Sound-5342-19061HD/205828733

Doggie:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-Animated-Skeleton-Cat-with-Leash-with-Light-and-Sound-5342-19061HD/205828733

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #1276 on: September 01, 2015, 10:01:24 AM »
I has a kitty.  No, not the kind that needs food and vet care and clean litter boxes -- I have enough of those right now.  This kitty is from Home Depot.  The local Home Depot just started putting out their Halloween décor, including cat and dog skeletons with LED eyes.  When someone comes close enough, the eyes glow red, the jaw opens and closes, and the animal meows or barks.  The kitty is so cute.   :D  I may have to go back and get the dog.

Kitty:

Doggie:

Okay, I don't actually do Halloween decorations, but I'm so tempted to get that just to see how my cat responds!  She will either freak out and hide or dig up her courage and attack. >:D

mmswm

« Reply #1277 on: September 01, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »
Today is the first day of school. This means I have a mostly quiet house. My youngest is in the hospital/home bound program, so he's still here, and the attack parrot is kinda noisy, but the other two are safely at school for the next 7 hours. Yay!
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1278 on: September 01, 2015, 07:01:36 PM »
Not so silly, but it has made for a very happy Julian.

I've got a huge Horn sewing cabinet, and for years I've wondered why the plate the machine sits on retracts a couple of inches, then has to be pushed again to go down into the cabinet for storage.

I've been meaning to start learning quilting, and when I was sewing something else the other day, and the machine was giving me grief, I spat the dummy and went out and bought a new machine, a special quilting edition.

Yesterday I was reading online a few 'learn to quilt' pages, and many mentioned a plate you could get to rest the quilt on so it doesn't pull out of shape.

Well, guess what?  That first retraction of the machine plate takes the sewing machine down to a height where the needle is level with the top of the cabinet.  I don't need to get the expensive 'optional extra' quilting plate!

Now for the silly.  Seeing a rabbit in a small patch of grass outside my office, in the middle of the city. 

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

Miss Understood

« Reply #1279 on: September 02, 2015, 12:01:05 AM »
Now for the silly.  Seeing a rabbit in a small patch of grass outside my office, in the middle of the city.

I never saw a wild rabbit until I moved to Illinois - I didn't realize that bunnies were just running rampant in urban areas!  They are so cute. 

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #1280 on: September 02, 2015, 08:18:59 PM »
My cat Holly insisting on playing fetch with her favourite toy, and demanding pats every time she brings it back.  ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

mlmama

« Reply #1281 on: September 03, 2015, 10:23:42 AM »
I have a small obsession with towels. I love them. I don't care about color, size, anything. I just want towels. My mom got me some for my birthday, more last month, and now even more this month! I'm in heaven. LOL She also got me some divided plates, like for school lunches (odd thing of not liking my food to touch) , and a Bubba mug that I've been wanting for work. I'm so happy!  ;D

weaselfrance

« Reply #1282 on: September 04, 2015, 07:06:41 AM »
My friend, Louise, became a gran for the fourth time two weeks ago. She is besotted and he is adorable (met him this morning). The only fly in the ointment is that her son and DIL just can't agree on a name and the deadline for registering his birth is fast approaching. In desperation, they asked his big sister (6) and big brothers (3 and 5) if they had any names they liked.

After a serious consultation between the siblings in the toy room (no parents allowed), they presented their short list.

'Madagascar' or 'Spider-man'

Back to the drawing board for mum and dad. The three year old is now introducing the new family member as 'My brudda 'Pider Man'

cattlekid

« Reply #1283 on: September 04, 2015, 08:26:50 AM »
I have started listening to podcasts at work because I find they help me focus.  Therefore, I have been using my earbuds quite frequently and decided I needed an earbud case rather than trying to wrestle with the holder that Apple provides.  I was researching cases online and decided to wait a day.

The next day, our office Creative department was having a "garage sale" to clean out some of the stuff they have accumulated over the years.  Lo and behold, I got an earbud case for a whopping 25 cents.   ;D

spookycatlady

« Reply #1284 on: September 04, 2015, 09:15:14 AM »
I saw a woman yesterday morning walking her cat on a leash.  The cat was prancing along like a slightly trained doggy: going tin the general direction the woman wanted to go, but in a vaguely complicated way. The woman and I gave eachother the biggest, smiliest thumbs up when the cat turned down the footpath she wanted to go down.

Also? Puppy kisses and snuggles from dogs I do not know on the elevator at the end of a long day.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #1285 on: September 04, 2015, 11:26:07 AM »
My friend, Louise, became a gran for the fourth time two weeks ago. She is besotted and he is adorable (met him this morning). The only fly in the ointment is that her son and DIL just can't agree on a name and the deadline for registering his birth is fast approaching. In desperation, they asked his big sister (6) and big brothers (3 and 5) if they had any names they liked.

After a serious consultation between the siblings in the toy room (no parents allowed), they presented their short list.

'Madagascar' or 'Spider-man'

Back to the drawing board for mum and dad. The three year old is now introducing the new family member as 'My brudda 'Pider Man'

Suggest Peter, Benjamin, Parker, Miles, Miguel, Aaron, Patton, Billy, Kaine, Bruce, Ezekiel, or Eugene.  >:D ;)  >:D

All those names have been associated with the mantle of Spider-man as recently as last year(they did a big multiverse Spider event)
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

mmswm

« Reply #1286 on: September 04, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
I saw a woman yesterday morning walking her cat on a leash.  The cat was prancing along like a slightly trained doggy: going tin the general direction the woman wanted to go, but in a vaguely complicated way. The woman and I gave eachother the biggest, smiliest thumbs up when the cat turned down the footpath she wanted to go down.

Also? Puppy kisses and snuggles from dogs I do not know on the elevator at the end of a long day.

Booger (RIP) loved his walks.  He'd actually bring me his harness and leash when he wanted to go out.  He also loved snow.  This is his "Put the camera down, stoopid hooman, I have walking and playing to do" look.

Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

pattycake

« Reply #1287 on: September 06, 2015, 05:57:09 PM »
Had my roof reshingled, and now my kitchen fluorescent light works! I can only assume it was because they were stomping around up there, and it jiggled something that made the connections, well, connect. I don't even know why I hit the switch, as it hasn't worked for a while, except maybe due to force of habit over 8 years living here. Hope it keeps working for a long long time as dark winter days are coming. Roofer also kindly reattached my eavestrough in the places where it was working away from the roof, so I no longer have cascades of water coming down my bedroom, living room, and front door windows.

metallicafan

« Reply #1288 on: September 08, 2015, 07:38:01 AM »
The return of Pumpkin spice coffee creamer and coffee has made me deliriously  happy  ;D

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #1289 on: September 10, 2015, 07:04:32 AM »
When Husband came home from work this evening, both of the girls had been holy terrors for the hour or so leading up to it so at about 10-minutes-to-Daddy I put them both into their highchairs (one is 2 1/2 the other is 8 months) and gave them a rice cracker each to gnaw on while I finished making dinner.
Husband walked in and the greeting he got from both girls - delighted screeching from the baby and 'DADDY DADDY DADDY'S HOME!' from the toddler - was enough to make up for the grumpiness of the hour before.
Plus I got to abandon all 3 of them in the kitchen and go for a ten minute walk while Husband finished the dinner.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,