News:

• April 19, 2018, 12:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 534373 times)

HoneyBee42

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1290 on: September 10, 2015, 09:00:37 AM »
I found a hair product that does what I need/want, doesn't feel all hard and crunchy, and reasonably priced.  Yay!

I have my hair really short now, with a style that's kind of a "bed head" look--no part, just kind of random, funky.  Well, some sprays leave my hair so stiff that if I touch it, the hold "breaks" and it feels so stiff that it doesn't even look vaguely natural. This is a root booster mousse, and I really like it.  So at least until they change the product, I have something I can use.

TracyXJ

« Reply #1291 on: September 10, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »
I found a hair product that does what I need/want, doesn't feel all hard and crunchy, and reasonably priced.  Yay!

I have my hair really short now, with a style that's kind of a "bed head" look--no part, just kind of random, funky.  Well, some sprays leave my hair so stiff that if I touch it, the hold "breaks" and it feels so stiff that it doesn't even look vaguely natural. This is a root booster mousse, and I really like it.  So at least until they change the product, I have something I can use.

That is awesome, I'm so jealous!  I wish I could pull off short hair, it always looks so cute and spunky!

Don't suppose you'd mind sharing what the product is, either here or a PM?  I hate how crunchy hair sprays and gel leave my hair!

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #1292 on: September 10, 2015, 09:55:27 AM »
I purchased a newer car to replace my old beater... found a key fob on Amazon for $20 and actually got it programmed for free at local locksmith.  He couldn't get it to work and with help from YouTube we got it programmed - for FREE!

Dealership price with programming around $120

HoneyBee42

« Reply #1293 on: September 10, 2015, 09:56:38 AM »

That is awesome, I'm so jealous!  I wish I could pull off short hair, it always looks so cute and spunky!

Don't suppose you'd mind sharing what the product is, either here or a PM?  I hate how crunchy hair sprays and gel leave my hair!
It's Fructis Root Amp.  I just got it Sunday, and I've been liking the way my hair has been cooperating with me all week.

pattycake

« Reply #1294 on: September 10, 2015, 12:51:32 PM »
Elderly cat + laser pointer = much hilarity!

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1295 on: September 10, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »

tee hee.  I just got a laser pointer as well.  My elderly cat is rather befuddled by the whole thing.  She wants to chase it, but isn't sure how. 

pattycake

« Reply #1296 on: September 10, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »

tee hee.  I just got a laser pointer as well.  My elderly cat is rather befuddled by the whole thing.  She wants to chase it, but isn't sure how.

I wish I had gotten one years ago. Patty has always liked to chase things - feathers, strings of fabric, etc - but *I* usually poop out too fast! The laser means I can sit in the kitchen and, once she decides to bestir herself, send her racing from the kitchen at (almost) one end of the mobile home to the bathroom at the other. She's not stupid though, she does know I have something in my hand that's directing things, and occasionally she'll just sit and look at me and ignore it. Funniest part is when she tries to grab the dot on the carpet with her mouth - there's nothing there!

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1297 on: September 10, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
I just discovered a new word on Ask a Manager "schtupperware" ;D ;D

ROFL. It's been added to my vocabulary immediately. 

jpcher

« Reply #1298 on: September 11, 2015, 04:21:29 PM »

Okay, please share . . . what does it mean?

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1299 on: September 11, 2015, 04:31:38 PM »

Okay, please share . . . what does it mean?

You know those sales parties for adult toys....

Say it out loud schtup-perware

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1300 on: September 11, 2015, 04:56:21 PM »
Gas is under $2/gallon for the first time in decades in my area.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

mmswm

« Reply #1301 on: September 11, 2015, 05:35:55 PM »
Maybe not silly, but something that made me really happy today:

I had a meeting to make a formal 504 plan for my oldest kid.  While I was there, the VP informed me that every single coach at the school has come to the office asking who the "giant redheaded freshman" is, and does he play any sports.  My 14 year old is huge, and getting bigger every day, it seems.  He's 5'10 as of a Dr's appointment yesterday, and broad and muscular, like a linebacker.  The school knows my family situation.  I can swing some small stuff for his music, but sports are really expensive.  The VP told me that they're willing to work with me on equipment if the kid wants to try out some sports.  Middle kid has had a rough few years, so it's really nice to see him getting some positive attention.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

weaselfrance

« Reply #1302 on: September 15, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »
Not a silly thing at all, just not sure where to put this.

My friend Em had to have her cat put to sleep at the start of the summer. He was 12. She was adamant she wouldn't have another as no other pet could take his place in her heart. Em just hadn't been the same since. But she was offered a kitten from a mutual friend, and after much though has given him a new home. He arrived Saturday.

It's been so lovely seeing Em get her smile back again as her new furry Lord and master gets his paws firmly under the table at her house. Not a replacement for her earlier pet, Alfie, but filling a hole in her heart and her arms with cuddles.

gingerzing

« Reply #1303 on: September 15, 2015, 09:33:19 AM »
My working out with a trainer the last few months is showing some results.  (Unfortunately not so much in needing a size smaller clothes.)  Side note - DH hasn't be to the gym for almost 6 months.

Did some yardwork yesterday afternoon for a couple hours and then later that night went and helped with demo and moving in drywall at our new church digs.  And yes, I hung with the guys toting the big sheets of drywall (2 person job carrying it downstairs.  Demo junk going upstairs)

Me? I have a little twing in my upper back, but made it to my training session this morning at 6. 
DH is home with a heating pad and Thermawrap.   

What is making me happy, is that he was the one that wasn't sure that I should be trying to carry stuff with the guys.  And he wanted me to carry the drywall at a funny angle  with my arms rather than my lifting up with my legs.  Heh. 

mmswm

« Reply #1304 on: September 15, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
A pit bull wearing sunglasses. He was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. To bad I was driving and couldn't get a picture.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)