General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Madonna 'banned' from movie theatre for texting

<< < (2/4) > >>

Twik:

--- Quote from: Virg on October 24, 2013, 11:53:42 AM ---Twik wrote:

"It's a business, and they're advertising."

It's still attention-piggy, because they're attaching their wagon to a story that has only the most tenuous connection to their advertising.  If they'd responded to this by putting together an ad where they showed Alamo employees ejecting famous people for cell phone usage, then I'd give them a chuckle and a nod, but simply making an announcement on Twitter because of this gives me the feeling of jumping in the spotlight.

Virg

--- End quote ---

Well, yes. But as they say, "We're talking about them, aren't we?"

QueenfaninCA:
Even though the shoulder tapper was a stranger, it sounds like it was the person sitting next to her. I think it's totally OK if your neighbor in a (movie) theater does something that is generally frowned upon in this environment and is distracting you I think it is absolutely not rude, to gently let the person know to stop doing what they are doing.

BeagleMommy:
Calling the person who asked her not to text during the film "Enslaver" was OTT.

However, Madonna needs to follow the rules like everyone else.  My uncle has to keep his cell phone active because he's a physician and sometimes gets called for emergencies.  If he happens to be at a movie he sits on the aisle, puts the phone on vibrate and leaves the theater if he has to take a call.  If Madonna HAD to keep her phone on during the film she should have done the same.

Twik:
I've never cared for Madonna or her music, but I truly hope that the report of comparing being asked to turn off her cell phone with the horrors of actual slavery was either a misunderstanding or a malicious embellishment. Because if she's that far gone into celebrity entitlement ... wow.

heartmug:

--- Quote from: BeagleMommy on October 24, 2013, 03:10:25 PM ---Calling the person who asked her not to text during the film "Enslaver" was OTT.

However, Madonna needs to follow the rules like everyone else.  My uncle has to keep his cell phone active because he's a physician and sometimes gets called for emergencies.  If he happens to be at a movie he sits on the aisle, puts the phone on vibrate and leaves the theater if he has to take a call.  If Madonna HAD to keep her phone on during the film she should have done the same.

--- End quote ---

Same for the surgeon who attends our church.  When he comes, he nabs a seat in one the last 2 rows and has his phone on vibrate.

Madonna should be banned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version