Author Topic: What happened to my emoticons?  (Read 493 times)

veronaz

What happened to my emoticons?
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »
When replying to a post or starting a new thread I used to have a bunch of emoticons to choose from right above the text box.  Now they're gone.

I looked at the section "Attacmnents and other options, and the Don't use smileys box is not checked, so I don't know what has happened.  I haven't changed any settings.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:18:22 PM by veronaz »

Curious Cat

Re: What happened to my emoticons?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »
 ;) :D ;D >:( :( :)

You must have accidentally changed something.

squeakers

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:49:39 PM »
Try looking under "Look and Layouts" found under Profile and then a colored box to the bottom and left a few lines saying "Modify Profile" and then choose Look and Layout.

Smileys are the first option to mess with.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

esposita

• If you have the power to make someone happy, do it
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:56:56 PM »
Have you installed any pop-up blockers? Or did the ones that you have update themselves? I have a pop-up/script blocker, and I have to fiddle with the setting every time I write a post and want a smiley, because otherwise they do not show up.

veronaz

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »
Yes, there has been some activity with pop-up blockers recently.  Guess I need to fiddle around and try to straighten things out.  Thanks!

veronaz

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:33:43 PM »
Got 'em back! Long story....had something to do with Javascript.  I noticed changes on some other sites I visit, and had to make adjustments.  Anyhoo, all is well (knock on wood).