Author Topic: when do you leave?  (Read 6758 times)

finecabernet

Re: when do you leave?
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
When you start praying for a really bad flu or pneumonia so you could be out of the office for a while.

When you cry every morning on your way in, every evening on your way home, and catch a few tears while eating lunch.

When you start throwing up everyday in your trash can!

Definitely leave before those happen. I kept thinking if only I could do better and try harder the boss might like me. Sometimes that's just not possible, and sometimes it's not just you.

dawbs

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »
There's a point at which you start thinking of your job, not as "ugh, I don't want to go to work" but "ugh, this is soul sucking" (and you're reasonably sure the issue is the job, not depression or 7 year itch or any of those other things).
It's *REALLY* hard to quantify, it's hard to pin down, it's a moving line that changes w/ each person and their job.

I'll say that, usually, you'll know it when you hit it--or generally a little AFTER.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 12:13:04 PM »
When you read a "When do you leave?" thread on EHell and realize that you have 3/4 of the symptoms described.

*sigh*
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 12:23:19 PM »
(((Hugs)))) to all of you who are dealing with crappy jobs

wyliefool

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »
The worst part is that it used to be halfway decent. Then it was sold, again, and the costcutting/firings/mad management began. And I have 4 weeks vacation, which US residents know will take me at least 10 years to achieve again somewhere else, and more likely 15-20. IOW, 'never.'  :'(

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »
The worst part is that it used to be halfway decent. Then it was sold, again, and the costcutting/firings/mad management began. And I have 4 weeks vacation, which US residents know will take me at least 10 years to achieve again somewhere else, and more likely 15-20. IOW, 'never.'  :'(

That is me right now - my ten years in just make me feel like my head is on the chopping block with new owners. I used to love my job. Now Iíve stopped wearing mascara to work because Iím probably just going to cry it off at some point. I am definitely looking, but without a lot of hope.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

blueyzca01

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2013, 06:00:53 PM »
When your body really starts to shut down because it knows that it's time, but your brain hasn't gotten the message.

It started out with me not feeling good most of the time, over the course of about 6 months.  Then, I got bronchitis, which morphed into my losing my voice COMPLETELY for 2 weeks, which then turned into pneumonia.  Add in crying every night, plus throw in some major tummy upsets, and finally BINGO!  I realized that it was far more important to get out, even though I didn't have another job. 

No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

StillandSilent

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »
When you realize you are wlrking for a sociopath.  I don't say it to be funny or mean, I say it seriously.  The last boss was the most frightening woman I've ever met.