Author Topic: What would be the next step?  (Read 1221 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
What would be the next step?
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »
I had a phone interview scheduled for 10:30 am today with the recruiter for a huge insurance company about a job application I'd sent in.  The recruiter was the one who picked the day and time, and gave me her phone number to call.  When I called today, I got her voicemail (saying she'd be out the week of Labor Day, almost two months ago).  I left a voicemail for her requesting a call back.  I waited next to my phone, with all my information nearby, for 20 minutes, but she never called back.  It's been about an hour and a half now.  Should I try calling her again?  Or should I assume that something has come up and she'll get back to me? 

Zizi-K

Re: What would be the next step?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »
I think there's no harm in calling back once more. I would approach it with the possibility that you also mis-understood the appointment time (even if you know you didn't), and ask whether it would be possible to reschedule because you're very interested in the position. Keep it cordial and positive. You can also say that you hope everything is alright, because there's also a real possibility that she had some kind of emergency.