Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Help No fat no cholesteral diet recipes

<< < (2/4) > >>

4children:
Yep that's what the doctor ordered. I understand why.  No fat, not even a little olive oil. No meat products at all. No bread. Etc... I never thought about a Nutritionist.  I am just kind of in a panic about what to cook.

I already cook low fat for my family. I am boggling as to no fat. It is only for 4 months (maybe). 

I sorted out tonight with a plain baked potatoe and steamed broccoli.  Hopefully I can stick to this diet.

Thanks for your responses.

Outdoor Girl:
The potato would be fairly high in carbs, I think.

I'd get yourself to a nutritionist/dietician and buy yourself a vegan cookbook or three.

Jones:
We had a scare when my husband was told something similar recently and tried to refuse to eat anything. I politely and angrily phoned the clinic and demanded more information. Turned out he could still eat meats, carbs and sugars, just had to actually measure them and keep within certain numbers in his day. Definitely get more info or a second opinion, what you are asking is not sustainable in the long term.

jmarvellous:
Yeah, a baked potato is basically just carbs.

I think you're stuck to salads with vinegar dressing and herbs, fresh fruit.

If you literally cannot have any fat, that means no avocados, no nuts, no prepared foods of any kind including any baked goods.

Anything cooked will have to be steamed or sprouted or toasted.

Please, do try a dietician or nutritionist.

QueenfaninCA:

--- Quote from: 4children on October 28, 2013, 04:02:55 PM ---Yep that's what the doctor ordered. I understand why.  No fat, not even a little olive oil. No meat products at all. No bread. Etc...

--- End quote ---

That's where I would have told the doc to actually give me suggestions or possibly even a meal plan. And to really clarify what "no fat" actually means in your case. It's pretty much impossible to be totally fat free as a lot of healthy foods contain small amounts of fat.

I really would have asked for fairly lengthy lists of which foods are OK and which are not.

And the baked potato is not exactly low carb...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version