Author Topic: was my coworker justified in feeling attacked?  (Read 5942 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: was my coworker justified in feeling attacked?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 06:34:54 PM »
Given that it sounds like you were the one who escalated to DirectBoss level, I think coworker is a little justified in feeling attacked. 

She got it from Complainer, DirectBoss and you. 

Personally, I think you should have stayed out of it from the beginning by telling Complainer to talk to coworker herself, or DirectBoss. 

OP said "I am largely responsible for making sure she is doing her job correctly." Which is the reason that co-worker called her in the first place I think

blahblahblah

Re: was my coworker justified in feeling attacked?
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 07:08:15 PM »
PastryGoddess, yep, pretty much.

I didn't want to go to DirectBoss. But after Clerk basically shut the door in my face and said, "I don't have to talk to you," there wasn't really much more I could do.

Also, remember that she said she felt attacked when I questioned her about the filing, not because I went to DirectBoss. My question was whether my wording re: the filing mishap could have justified her feeling attacked.

And I don't really blame Complainer for coming to me either, because Clerk essentially shut the door in her face as well. She made it pretty clear that she wouldn't listen to anyone except DirectBoss.