Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

what do YOU do with chicken breasts?

(1/7) > >>

flickan:
I'm a mediocre cook and I don't have a great repetoire for chicken.  I'm looking for suggestions for what to do with a couple pounds of lovely fresh chicken breasts I've got in the fridge for tonight.  I usually do thighs in the oven or in stir fry because they're hard to overcook but I do have a meat thermometer.  I just don't want to ruin all this great chicken by cooking it dry and I don't have stir fry veggies.

The other thing is that the only baking dishes available to me right now are a shallow rimmed baking sheet and a round ceramic 2 qt casserole with a lid.

Here's what I have on hand to cook with:

lemon juice, a lime, szechuan sauce, parsley, fresh garlic, apples, a few tins of plain tomato sauce, a jar of basil tomato sauce, honey mustard, ranch dressing packets, olive oil, and vinegar.  I've got more available but that's all I can think of that goes with chicken.  More unusual suggestions are welcome!

I have well stocked spice cabinet too.  I do not have flour or eggs or cheese or lard on hand.

What can I do besides douse them in olive oil and garlic and bake them?

And if you had anything at hand what would you do with them?

cwm:
My sister has this amazing recipe for chicken breasts that involves butter, cream of something soup (she uses celery as she's allergic to mushroom, but it would probably work with anything), and seasonings. I'm not sure exactly what she does, but it's amazing.

You could always try this recipe, it's chicken and apples in honey mustard sauce and looks pretty good.

Chicken Recipe.

Actually, doing a google search, there's a lot of recipes out there with chicken and apples, apparently they go well together. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

AvidReader:
If you want to cook the chicken then freeze it for additions to other recipes later, like stir-fry, salads etc., you can rub some olive oil on top, then add a sprinkle of salt & pepper.  Put the chicken on your shallow rimmed baking sheet and into a 350 oven for 30-35 minutes.  After it is done and cool, remove the skin & bone, chop into pieces then freeze.   The olive oil and keeping it on the bone while roasting will keep the chicken moist.  I line my baking sheet with foil so clean up is easy.

lowspark:
Do you have a bottle of beer on hand? If so, place the chicken in the baking dish, pour the beer over it, sprinkle with salt & pepper & any other seasonings you want (garlic powder or onion powder or whatever) and bake.

Sheila Take a Bow:
Are they boneless skineless breasts or are they bone-in?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version