Author Topic: Ridiculous wedding magazine ideas  (Read 7931 times)

goldilocks

Re: Ridiculous wedding magazine ideas
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
I went to a wedding this past weekend.   My shoes were killing me 1/2 way through the reception.  I don't know why, I've worn them before, but anyway I took them off to dance.

As I was standing near the bar, barefoot, someone dropped a glass beside me and suddenly I was surrounded by glass!!!   Fortunately my date went to get my shoes, but then he insisted I wear them the rest of the night.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2013, 03:26:49 PM »
I know we've all heard the suggestion about "don't FB the wedding pictures right off the bat." One article said that in addition to that rule, you should not FB even a picture of you "all by yourself in your cute new dress." Also that the bride and groom have to approve each and every wedding picture you'll put up later, because it's unfair if someone sees a bad angle photo of the couple's ceremony; the couple only wants flattering angle photos from their ceremony to be seen.

I've heard this rule. This rule sucks. I'm abolishing this rule for my wedding. Yes, I might look funny in some of my wedding photos. Sometimes I look funny in pictures. My wedding is not about me hiding who I am, it's me marrying the person who accepts me and loves me for my realest self...even when I look funny in photos.

Also I do want to see the dress you plan to wear to my wedding before hand. Cause I wanna see how cute my friends look in new outfits. Not to approve it. I just wanna see you looking adorable is all.
I welcomed FB pics after wedding, we both wanted to see them.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2013, 04:53:17 PM »
Another good reason for candid shots after the wedding is the very long delay for professional photographs to come.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2013, 06:31:24 PM »
Another good reason for candid shots after the wedding is the very long delay for professional photographs to come.
Maybe that's why the bridal magazines say not to post such things.  If people think that they don't need a pro photographer, there will be that many fewer pros.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2013, 07:30:19 PM »
I see both sides, but in this day and age with the current technology, most people are impatient. Especially with waiting 6 weeks to several months for their professional photographs.

SoCalVal

« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
We're still waiting for our pictures (got married in January).  However, a) they were taken for free by one of DH's best friends, b) BF's wife had a their 4th child about a month after our wedding and c) BF was already over-the-top busy to begin with.  Yes, we'd like to see them, but we know he'll get them to us eventually.

That aside, I recently discovered that there are multiple pictures posted online openly from our wedding.  I look terrible in them.  They weren't posted out of unkindness though; our guest was just blogging about having attended our wedding.  Do I wish they were gone?  Yeah, I do.  I didn't look great to begin with (being really overweight kinda does that) so I made do the best I could without spending (what I consider) ridiculous amounts of money that I wasn't willing to spend when I already knew there wasn't that much I could do to make myself look better in time for our wedding (if I were in much better shape, I might've been inclined to spend more money on my appearance but it really wasn't in our budget).  I'm not going to worry about the pictures, thought, because I know DH thinks I look beautiful (love that guy!) and, I know, would be hurt and dismayed to know I think I look terrible and that I'd rather pictures of me weren't anywhere.  I'm happy the event is done and, someday, hopefully, I'll lose the weight and have fabulous pictures taken of me.  And, anyway, I haven't liked most pictures of me since I was 18-19 years old when I weighed about half what I do now so, whatever, you know?  Meanwhile, I do enjoy the pictures where I like the way I look and use those when I need pictures of myself.

There was a wedding idea I read about a few years ago.  It was posted on this forum by someone who was complaining that the poster's family didn't understand the poster's wedding idea and were all against it.  I'm not going to provide any details since I don't know if the poster is still around, but it was an incredibly bad and dangerous idea (the kind of dangerous where I'm pretty sure everyone in the vicinity of this idea taking place would've run for cover in order to not be in harm's way).  I don't know what others in the forum thought about the idea (I don't recall anyone commenting actually), but I remember thinking what an incredibly horribly bad idea it was (it wasn't from a magazine; it was an idea the poster had that, actually, had nothing to do with weddings whatsoever and was just something the poster wanted to include as part of the wedding ceremony).

parrot_girl

« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2013, 05:53:20 AM »

Really depends on the couple in question: the National Trust ad in Melbourne Bride magazine, about 15 years ago. It described all their beautiful properties where one could hold a wedding and ended with "Old Melbourne Gaol: thick forbidding bluestone walls, solitary cells, original whipping triangle." (Quoted directly from ad, as I cut it out and have kept it for its sheer amazement value.)

I visted the Old Melbourne Gaol earlier this year and looked at their wedding venue brouchure. They had the chairs with lovely white bows on the back and big flower arrangements set up all in the bottom floor of the gaol. Surrounded by the solitary confinement cells where all the prisoners were held. And where the celebrant would stand was the very spot Ned Kelly was hanged, with his death mask in a cabinet right there. Romantic!

I can't help but picture the celebrant finishing off the ceremony with "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss. *deep sigh* Such is Life!"

(Ned Kelly's last words, for those of you wondering.)