Author Topic: S/O Our treats . . . when the "hoarder" is in your department  (Read 5215 times)

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
Re: S/O Our treats . . . when the "hoarder" is in your department
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »
In my previous job at a media company, we used to get food donated to us (hopefully so that we'd say something nice about it, usually, or promoting a new business). The receptionist was constantly stashing away up to a third of the items before the rest of us got to them (unless they were brought directly to the newsroom for the on-air staff to taste). Somebody once brought in three trays of enormous muffins. I later noticed she had one of the trays on her desk and was 'taking it home for her family.' I have no idea if anyone ever said anything and if not, why not. (I should have but it was my first real job out of college so I was careful of not rocking the boat.)
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »
I worked with someone who would swipe whole pizzas to "take home to his family". 

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
I worked with someone who would swipe whole pizzas to "take home to his family".

We have one of those. During an event, we had just enough boxed lunches to feed the guests and attendees. A faculty member wandered up and tried to take 3 of the box lunches. One for herself (which was fine, as she was an attendee of the event) and 2 for her kids. I told her that taking extra was not permitted unless there were any left over after the event. She does stuff like that all the time, though. She will take multiple cookies or cupcakes or whole pizzas to "take home to the kids".

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »

We have one of those. During an event, we had just enough boxed lunches to feed the guests and attendees. A faculty member wandered up and tried to take 3 of the box lunches. One for herself (which was fine, as she was an attendee of the event) and 2 for her kids. I told her that taking extra was not permitted unless there were any left over after the event. She does stuff like that all the time, though. She will take multiple cookies or cupcakes or whole pizzas to "take home to the kids".

I'd be tempted to bring cupcakes in with a staff member's name iced on each one.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 09:51:30 PM »

I'd be tempted to bring cupcakes in with a staff member's name iced on each one.

Trust me, it wouldn't stop her. She also brings her kids along to any work event that involves food (even things that aren't really meant for family or kids, like seminars) so that they can load up their plates. I would say maybe they're struggling for money, but she and her husband both work high paying jobs and seem to live quite well, and she frequently goes out to lunch.