Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Chili Question

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hmmmmm:
I haven't seen this before. Baked beans in chili is pretty unusual, even for a chili with beans.

I think for the sirloin she is probably means diced sirloin steak.

I did a google search and the earliest reference I could find was in a Milwaukee newspaper from '78.

Though I found it on recipe websites, couldn't find any reviews. I say give it a try. Could be an interesting soup/stew.

ETA: the newspaper one didn't have orange peel. But it had shallots which this one didn't.

EmmaJ.:
Yes, I thought the baked beans was unusual too.  The whole recipe looks quirky enough to be fun to make!  I'll give it a try this weekend but will probably cut the amounts in half. 

One review I found said "makes enough to serve 30 people two bowls each".  Yikes!

123sandy:
Just found the recipe! It's...definitely different. I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: EmmaJ. on November 04, 2013, 10:07:56 AM ---Yes, I thought the baked beans was unusual too.  The whole recipe looks quirky enough to be fun to make!  I'll give it a try this weekend but will probably cut the amounts in half. 

One review I found said "makes enough to serve 30 people two bowls each".  Yikes!

--- End quote ---

I was wondering about that. It looked like massive amounts.

cwm:

--- Quote from: EmmaJ. on November 04, 2013, 10:07:56 AM ---Yes, I thought the baked beans was unusual too.  The whole recipe looks quirky enough to be fun to make!  I'll give it a try this weekend but will probably cut the amounts in half. 

--- End quote ---

Please let us know how it goes! I love new chili recipes, and I'd love to try something like this for a big party where I could get away with cooking that much, but I'd also like to know how it is before I tried it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version