A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Time for a misheard lyric thread!

<< < (17/18) > >>

Cricket:

--- Quote from: Delia DeLyons on January 06, 2014, 05:52:26 PM ---Oh, I thought it was 'Call me a relic, call me what you will.'

--- End quote ---

You're right, it is. I've had the song, "He's a Rebel" stuck in my head since I heard it on New Year's Eve and I didn't even notice the mistake (read what I thought I'd written, not what I actually had written)  ::)

zyrs:
Today I realized that the song that I have thought was saying "Medieval Woman" was saying "E  e e vil woman" (Evil Woman).  Changed the whole song for me.

Bethczar:

--- Quote from: zyrs on March 09, 2014, 10:37:05 PM ---Today I realized that the song that I have thought was saying "Medieval Woman" was saying "E  e e vil woman" (Evil Woman).  Changed the whole song for me.

--- End quote ---
I thought that for the longest time, too. My husband still makes fun of me.

whatsanenigma:

--- Quote from: Bethczar on March 10, 2014, 06:00:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: zyrs on March 09, 2014, 10:37:05 PM ---Today I realized that the song that I have thought was saying "Medieval Woman" was saying "E  e e vil woman" (Evil Woman).  Changed the whole song for me.

--- End quote ---
I thought that for the longest time, too. My husband still makes fun of me.

--- End quote ---

I always heard "medieval woman" too, though I realized that could not possibly be right.  I kept thinking that it made no sense, but I couldn't figure out what it really was.  Apparently he's just singing "evil" in a strange way.  Glad I wasn't alone!

On a similar note, I have been reading misheard lyrics sites for a while now, and a very popular one is in the song "Blinded by the Light".  The line is "Revved up like a deuce" but everybody always hears "wrapped up like a douche".

Just a few days ago, I actually heard the song for the first time, and...no wonder! The singer is putting a "sh" sound in "deuce" for some completely unknown reason and that's the word it ends up sounding like.  I seriously don't know how anybody could hear that as the correct lyric who hadn't read about it online first.

And to jump back to the misheard lyrics in religious songs, up until a few years ago I thought that "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands" was "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lambs".   As a kid, I was going with the "Jesus as sheep herder" thing and so I imagined that the "joyful noise" in question was all the lambs baaing.  I actually think I like it better that way, though-oh well.    :)

daen:

--- Quote from: whatsanenigma on March 10, 2014, 06:53:48 PM ---
<snip>

And to jump back to the misheard lyrics in religious songs, up until a few years ago I thought that "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands" was "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lambs".   As a kid, I was going with the "Jesus as sheep herder" thing and so I imagined that the "joyful noise" in question was all the lambs baaing.  I actually think I like it better that way, though-oh well.    :)

--- End quote ---

Well, we had a song in Sunday School with the words "Have no fear, little flock," - the Jesus as sheep-herder thing coming into play. At least one of my compatriots heard it as "Have no fear, little fox." Her mother couldn't figure out why we were singing about foxes in Sunday School.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version