Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

Thanks-E-Hell! Your Advice Paid Off!

<< < (2/2)

laughtermed:
Back to Joy's question about the hunting-it was bow season for deer. During Day 2 of my visit, Sib #2 got a doe.  He was able to go to a family lunch the next day. I got a private visit with him and his family, so all went well. Sib 3 does not participate in bow season-he waits for shotgun season which would have been after the visit.

Hunting season or not, a relative who raised us is in ill health. She lives in a nursing home. She almost passed away last year but has since rebounded a little. Therefore visiting this person was a priority that all the family could  agree on.

We hope family peace continues.

gramma dishes:
I'm glad your visit went well.  And congratulations on your blindingly sparkly new spine!   :)

dave_nun:
i too am looking forward to using some of the tips on here next time i need them.

bloo:
Thanks for sharing this, OP! I think you handled yourself well!

For the record, regarding the bolded, we have a very long bow season and a verrrrry short gun/muzzleloader season. I could see Sib#2 panicking a bit while he tried to figure out how to squeeze in time with you during gun season, but in our area, he'd have a period of several months to choose dates for hunting during bow season.

As you acknowledged that Sib#2 can be 'difficult', then he may have behaved that way no matter what.

Good job!

--- Quote from: laughtermed on November 20, 2013, 07:25:01 PM ---Back to Joy's question about the hunting-it was bow season for deer. During Day 2 of my visit, Sib #2 got a doe.  He was able to go to a family lunch the next day. I got a private visit with him and his family, so all went well. Sib 3 does not participate in bow season-he waits for shotgun season which would have been after the visit.

Hunting season or not, a relative who raised us is in ill health. She lives in a nursing home. She almost passed away last year but has since rebounded a little. Therefore visiting this person was a priority that all the family could  agree on.

We hope family peace continues.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version