Author Topic: The Thipu Meatloaf  (Read 485 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
The Thipu Meatloaf
« on: November 10, 2013, 06:08:18 PM »
Please be warned. All measurements are approximate.  Results  will vary.   

1 1/2 lbs. Ground meat (beef, pork and veal mixture).
1 egg.
Dash of milk.
1 medium onion diced and sweated in a neutral oil. 
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish.
1/2 cup barbecue sauce. (Jack Daniels or Bulls Eye preferred)
1 cup panko bread crumbs.

Dump everything into a bowl and knead  until the texture is to your liking. 

When you have your hands full of meat, barbecue sauce and onions, it helps to have a SO around to help.  You WILL require more bread crumbs or more barbecue sauce at some stage.   

When everything feels right, transfer contents of the bowl to a microwave safe bread pan and cook on high for about ten minutes.

Drain grease.

'Ice' top of the loaf with more barbecue sauce and continue cooking for another five minutes. 

POF

Re: The Thipu Meatloaf
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:13:17 PM »
Sounds great - I am a handful of this and a handful of that cook.  ( Excpet for baking - where i have to be super precise ) .

You make this in the MICRO ! WOW !

Nikko-chan

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 08:05:03 PM »
Sounds delicious. Except for the microwaving part. My microwave would laugh in my face and the meatloaf would burst into flames. *sigh*

But may I just say you are very very brave for microwaving it and having it come out delicious?

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »
Sounds delicious. Except for the microwaving part. My microwave would laugh in my face and the meatloaf would burst into flames. *sigh*

But may I just say you are very very brave for microwaving it and having it come out delicious?

We have been miking our meatloaf for at least ten years and we have never had a problem. 

POF

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 10:16:08 PM »
So you know ... now I have the song "RadioActive RadioActive " running through my head.  and I want a meatloaf sandwich.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:54:18 AM »
I'm curious.  What is so odd about making a meatloaf in the microwave?

When we got our first microwave, it came with a cookbook that included a decent meatloaf recipe. We've certainly tweaked the recipe over the years but the timing remains the same. 

Is there something we should know?

POF

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
I always think ground beef would come out gray and flabby.  No browning or no crusty part.  But maybe that isn't true.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »
I would think that the addition of extra bbq sauce at the end would hide that fact.   ;)

I've been known to make onsie-twosie hamburgers in the microwave. While they don't have that pretty, charred look, they are still tasty.

Plus! Meatloaf in 15 minutes? What's not to love about that?

My only problem is that I use 1-1/2 lb. of each of the meats, so that's three times the meat and probably more than that for the cooking time . . . probably the reason I haven't made meatloaf in a while. I make too much for just two of us.

Thanks, Thipu1.

POF

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 08:19:18 PM »
I am going to try it his weekend ! Can't wait to see how it is.