Author Topic: When should I talk about this (Warning - Scrabble related)  (Read 2985 times)

Tosca

When should I talk about this (Warning - Scrabble related)
« on: June 17, 2014, 05:17:19 AM »
I'm prone to a kind of benign skin tumor called dermatofibroma, which present as a hard lump under the skin.  They're absolutely harmless, painless and non transmissible.  Surgical removal is the only option to get rid of them.  My dr has advised against this unless they're causing problems (I have medical issues which cause slow healing and increase the likelihood of infection).

Anyway.  I have one of these suckers in a Very Intimate Area.  At the moment I'm not in a rel@tionship, but it WILL be noticed by any future partner.  His first thought will almost certainly be that it's a symptom of Something Unpleasant and Catching.

I have no idea how to handle this.  Logic says the best thing to do is bring it up before the situation arises, but how do you start that conversation??  Do any e-Hellions have advice?

(The Lump in question has been shown to my dr and confirmed as one of these tumors, rather than anything Nasty.)

Stricken_Halo

Re: When should I talk about this (Warning - Scrabble related)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 05:44:55 AM »
Before becoming intimate, it's probably a good idea for people in general to have a frank talk about health, to allay concerns about STD's and the like. Then you could mention your condition, being quick to add that it's benign and not contagious.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:34:12 AM »
I agree with Stricken_Halo.  If you have another fibroma in a less intimate area, maybe you could show it to your partner so he knows what one looks and feels like?
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

MrTango

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:44:03 AM »
Before becoming intimate, it's probably a good idea for people in general to have a frank talk about health, to allay concerns about STD's and the like. Then you could mention your condition, being quick to add that it's benign and not contagious.

I'd go with this as well.

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:16 AM »
I agree with Stricken_Halo.  If you have another fibroma in a less intimate area, maybe you could show it to your partner so he knows what one looks and feels like?

POD to this! And maybe mention that you have some medical websites bookmarked that will also back you up on it being what it is & shows pictures of it?

You could even, if you have one in a more visible area, bring it up sooner, if it's noticed. Don't mention the genital part right away, but it'll make it more natural when you do bring it up, if you've already shown it to the partner in a non-genital area.
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 04:02:41 PM »
I find it rather telling that you put a warning on your thread title because that makes me think that you knew it wasn't appropriate for this forum.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.