Author Topic: Preggo brain #Great Update! P3  (Read 2854 times)

HGolightly

Preggo brain #Great Update! P3
« on: November 12, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »
I am 30 weeks pregnant and my preggo brain has reared its ugly head. So far I have:
-made a beautiful soup stock and poured it down the drain instead of into the pot
-put the phone in the fridge
-put the ice cream in the fridge (note to self, avoid the fridge)
-put peanut butter in the freezer
-forgot the dog outside....almost daily
-forgot to turn on the oven/stove while cooking...almost daily

I hope this means that my baby is extra smart for dulling my brain cells.
Anyone else do anything this ridiculous while pregnant?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:29:38 PM by HGolightly »

djinnidjream

Re: Preggo brain
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »
When I was only a week or two from having DD, I went shopping at Target for some baby stuff.  I left my car running for an hour in the parking lot.  Keys in, unlocked the whole time  I was in the store.  Duh.
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:59:38 PM »
Yes, I have pretty bad pregnancy brain right now. Recently I had a bit of a freak out because the scanner wasn't working and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I finally asked a coworker for help. He flipped the switch to "on."
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

esposita

• If you have the power to make someone happy, do it
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:03:44 PM »
Every time we have another kid we end up needing new kitchen glasses. For some reason I seem to forget that I need to keep my hand closed when transporting beverages.

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 04:13:14 PM »
I have avoided pregnancy brain so far.  Now post pregnancy.... that's a different story!  Also, we are both 30 weeks along!  My due date is January 19.  When is yours?
Not such a newbie anymore

shygirl

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:06:52 PM »
I threw away my credit card.  I realized a few minutes later, and I told my coworker that I threw away my credit card.  I didn't explain any further, probably due to pregnancy brain, and she looked at me like I was insane.

HGolightly

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 05:43:18 PM »
newbiePA  I am due on the 18th! We will have to keep in touch and see if our babies share a birthday! Is this your first? My second and just as dumb as last time! This time I am trying not to forget my oldest anywhere.

pearls n purls

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
I showed up at work with one light brown shoe and one black shoe.

Post baby can be just as bad, especially during sleep regressions.  The baby is currently sleeping better, but we went through a three month period where she would often every hour.  I was unable to retain information.  I'd have a conversation with my husband and a few minutes later have no recollection of what he told me.

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »
I have bad news for you.... I've never completely lost pregnancy brain, and my baby is 9 months old!     It seems I am permanently stupider than I was.    Perhaps it's sleep deprivation combined with the need to multi-task such a huge new thing into my daily life, my mind is always a little focused on him no matter what I'm doing.   -sigh-
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Judah

• California, U.S.A
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 06:21:48 PM »
During my first pregnancy I was on a first name basis with the local AAA guy. Several times a week I would either a) leave my lights on when I got to work, draining my car battery, necessitating a jump, or b) lock my keys in the car.   ::) 
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

mime

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 07:04:03 PM »
I'd 'miss' doorways. I'd intend to walk through, but I'd be way too far to the right or left and run my shoulder into the doorframe.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 07:16:25 PM »
Having never been pregnant, I can't comment on that but menopause brain is bad, too.  Something for you to look forward to!

I bought a new vehicle.  Brought it home on a Friday night, parked it in the garage and opened all the windows and the sunroof to let it air out.  I had a string with a styrofoam ball attached to the ceiling to mark where my old vehicle should sit.  My new vehicle is bigger and taller.  The ball ended up hanging inside the sunroof.

No problem, I think to myself.  I'll just make sure I get that out of there tomorrow when I go to my friend's place.

Yup.  Completely forgot.  Didn't even clue in when I heard this 'PING' as I was backing out my garage.  Didn't even have the vehicle for 24 hours and put two little dings in the paint on the roof near the sunroof as well as a line across the roof where the string rubbed while I drove to my friend's.  I realized about 15 minutes up the highway.

The string line was buffed out and the dealership used touchup paint on the two little dings.  No one else can see them but I know they are there.

I repeat - I didn't even have the dang thing for 24 hours!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »
I'd 'miss' doorways. I'd intend to walk through, but I'd be way too far to the right or left and run my shoulder into the doorframe.

I did that too!  It was just bizarre... I wonder if perhaps my centre of gravity was slightly off due to the pregnancy.    Lots of bruises!
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

Emmy

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:57 AM »

I did that constantly as well for both pregnancies.  I also ran into the corner of counter tops and tables.  It's like me sense of space was completely gone.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 04:17:37 AM »
sorry for giggling guys but i'm having a blast here!

I dont' remember so much the preggo brain (or lack thereof) but i'm sure my now-ex can tell stories... i do remember getting the brain mush when i went thru chemo... and now that i'm post-menopause i can ... wait, where was i? who are you?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools