Author Topic: 16 People On Things They Couldn’t Believe About America Until They Moved Here  (Read 48790 times)

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
This is about what the bathroom looked like but the carpet was burgundy and the carpeting only went 3/4 of the way up the wall. http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/c4/17/f4/c417f4f0aa0bbf6aa4df88803afe240a.jpg

It was a rental so nothing I could do about it but shake my head.

:o
Ha! I've never seen one where the carpet went up the wall as well as the outside of the tub.

I always associate it mentally with bathrooms which have one of  those knitted dolls as a toilet roll cozy...

Can I just tell all y'all that those dolls always totally freaked me out.  When I was really little, I couldn't go if one was "watching me".

And seriously, what's the point?  I mean, I wouldn't leave a naked roll of TP on the coffee table, but in the bathroom?  What do these people think people *do* in there?

Knit toilet paper cozies?  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

jmarvellous

The thought of having to pick up something porous and difficult to wash that other people pick up every time they run out of paper mid 'visit' grosses even me out.

(Also, I am a little creeped out in general by old-fashioned dolls, especially as I get further from my own doll-loving years. I will avoid looking at or touching them in almost any context.)

Marga

This is about what the bathroom looked like but the carpet was burgundy and the carpeting only went 3/4 of the way up the wall. http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/c4/17/f4/c417f4f0aa0bbf6aa4df88803afe240a.jpg

It was a rental so nothing I could do about it but shake my head.

:o
Ha! I've never seen one where the carpet went up the wall as well as the outside of the tub.

I always associate it mentally with bathrooms which have one of  those knitted dolls as a toilet roll cozy...

Can I just tell all y'all that those dolls always totally freaked me out.  When I was really little, I couldn't go if one was "watching me".

And seriously, what's the point?  I mean, I wouldn't leave a naked roll of TP on the coffee table, but in the bathroom?  What do these people think people *do* in there?

Knit toilet paper cozies?  ;D

You mean crochet! ;)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re:16 People On Things They Couldn’t Believe About America Until...
« Reply #498 on: February 17, 2014, 07:29:08 PM »

There are worse things than those toilet paper cozies.

Having one of those dolls show up wearing a birthday cake as her skirt and a strapless icing corset top....

Seriously - those freaked me out worse than the toilet paper cozies...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Nikko-chan

Re:16 People On Things They Couldn’t Believe About America Until...
« Reply #499 on: February 17, 2014, 07:34:15 PM »

Having one of those dolls show up wearing a birthday cake as her skirt and a strapless icing corset top....

wait what?

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
Those dolls would suit this bathroom perfectly: http://www.wimoveis.com.br/imovel/aluguel-apartamento-brasilia-df-3-quartos-sqn-304-bloco-d-1140286 Now, what would match that orange kitchen?

I am looking for an apartment and I have plenty of fodder to revive the real estate thread, believe me. Including the person who turned a balcony into a closet.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store

wait what?

Ahem.... Click Here

Psychopoesie

wait what?

Ahem.... Click Here

I had one of those Dolly Varden cakes for my 9th? birthday. A friend of the family made it for me as a surprise. Absolutely loved that cake (helped that the cake bit was chocolate). Still gives me the warm fuzzies whenever I remember it.  :)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: 16 People On Things They Couldn’t Believe About America Until They Moved...
« Reply #503 on: February 17, 2014, 08:30:56 PM »

wait what?

Did you think I was kidding?

Please note - I do not kid about cake. 

Although the first time I saw one of those dolls...I was in third grade and thinking about making an exception...it didn't LOOK like cake....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:36:47 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

nutraxfornerves

Combine Barbie with a toilet paper cozy and you get this:

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Those dolls would suit this bathroom perfectly: http://www.wimoveis.com.br/imovel/aluguel-apartamento-brasilia-df-3-quartos-sqn-304-bloco-d-1140286 Now, what would match that orange kitchen?

I am looking for an apartment and I have plenty of fodder to revive the real estate thread, believe me. Including the person who turned a balcony into a closet.

Go for it!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
OK THAT is funny.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Katana_Geldar

I had one of those cakes too, for my 8th birthday. My mum made it, with pink icing.

magicdomino

All of a sudden, I want one.  Please be patient, I'm sure I'll get over it.   ;)

nutraxfornerves

All of a sudden, I want one.  Please be patient, I'm sure I'll get over it.   ;)

Ask an ye shall receive. Here is the pattern

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data