Author Topic: 16 People On Things They Couldn’t Believe About America Until They Moved Here  (Read 45915 times)

Katana_Geldar

What about health care? I realise this may be a political issue but it's something I keep seeing from Americans I'm friends with on Facebook. They're astounded by the level of medical care I'm receiving in my pregnancy that I'm not paying for and the fact our health insurance doesn't cover it and we don't intend to change that. We "pay" for it, of course, through taxation which is taken out of our wages. Well rather, my DH's as all the tax I'm paying I'm going to get back at the end of the year as I wasn't earning enough.

Taxman helped pay for our wedding that way  ;D

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
What about health care? I realise this may be a political issue but it's something I keep seeing from Americans I'm friends with on Facebook. They're astounded by the level of medical care I'm receiving in my pregnancy that I'm not paying for and the fact our health insurance doesn't cover it and we don't intend to change that. We "pay" for it, of course, through taxation which is taken out of our wages. Well rather, my DH's as all the tax I'm paying I'm going to get back at the end of the year as I wasn't earning enough.

Taxman helped pay for our wedding that way  ;D

It really is hugely political in the US, and probably best avoided on this board. :)