General Etiquette > Life...in general

"I wish I'd had a +1 to your wedding"

<< < (2/4) > >>

sweetonsno:
On the one hand, I can see why he may have assumed he would get a +1. He's very close to your husband, he was a member of the wedding party, and it's more common than not to include a +1 for adult guests. On the other hand, It's unwise to promise someone an invitation before you are sure that they will be welcome.

I'm not really sure that you can say anything about this after the fact, and I'm definitely on board with not rocking the boat with your hubby's buddy. My vote would be to talk to your husband about making sure that future invitations that are extended to Jay are extra-clear to both you and Jay. Just make sure that you are both on the same page about whether he can bring a friend to your events or not and that he's extra-clear with Jay.

I really don't think that you can stop Jay from creating drama if that's what he wants to do. However, you can remove as many opportunities as possible.

bopper:
'Yea, I wish we had unlimited funds and could invite everyone we wanted. "

Honeypickle:
Oh for goodness sake - aren't you on your honeymoon? Please just go and enjoy it.

LadyL:

--- Quote from: Honeypickle on November 15, 2013, 05:38:09 PM ---Oh for goodness sake - aren't you on your honeymoon? Please just go and enjoy it.

--- End quote ---

Nope, back at work today! We took a short trip right after the wedding, but are taking our proper mini-moon during my break from school.

ccnumber4:
I actually agree with Honeypickle.  A little postmortem is normal but you seem to be, in your words, "nitpicky."  You just got married and it's not worth spending your time agonizing over such minor things.  You have more important things to think about.  You'll never be able to control what other people do or say and in the grand scheme of things, I'd say this particular issue is very, very minor.  Besides, if Jay is as clueless as you say, almost anyone who knows him will know that anything he says about your wedding is probably not true. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version