Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

Weird happenings at the checkout.

(1/4) > >>

Nikko-chan:
Went to buy dinner today, and got into line, deposited my things on the belt as usual. The guy behind me suddenly says something. I can't make it out, but I turn to him, and the following exchange occurred:

Him: You're going to buy these for me. *as he is shoving his groceries in with my order*
Me: *firmly* No. I am not.

I thought maybe he was joking at first but then he went back to wherever to return the groceries he wanted me to buy.

I didn't even know this guy. It was one of the strangest encounters I have ever been a part of. But I was able to stand my ground thanks to my ehell training.

aussie_chick:
That is bizarre! Good on you for not engaging with him and just saying no!

Runningstar:
Handled perfectly!  Maybe he thinks that he has Vulcan mind control? 

Piratelvr1121:
Wow.  That's odd.  Wonder if that's worked for him in the past?

Pen^2:
Wow. That's weird. Nicely handled, though. I wonder if the person working at the check-out noticed? It's possible he went and tried it on someone else afterwards. People whose intentions are not to buy anything, but instead to harass shoppers, have no business in a shop.

I love how he just stated, "You're going to do X for me," instead of asking like someone with an atom of social sense. I hope that it hasn't worked for him in the past--if he's truly in need, then bossing people around and behaving as though their money is there to be spent on him is absolutely not the way to go. A speck of politeness goes a long way when you truly are in a state of relying on others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version