Author Topic: Book help, please. SPOILER ALERT  (Read 482 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Book help, please. SPOILER ALERT
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »
I can't think of a way to post my question without spoiling the end of one book while looking for a short story/novella(?) that is extremely similar to the end of the first book.

With that in mind, I'll be extremely vague and hopefully someone can come up with an answer . . . If additional info is necessary, I will post it, but it will spoil the end of the first book.

I just finished reading (the first book): http://nicholassparks.com/stories/the-longest-ride/

I know I read this (the ending scenario) before. I think it might possibly be Stephen King? In one of his short story books?

A very Old, Eccentric, Rich Man had only one son who died while serving in the military, he had no other family members. OERM was trying to figure out what to do with his will. Who would be the best person to leave all his riches to? Who would truly understand his love for his son? So he came up with this plan . . .

Like I said, it's vague, but I was betting on if I detailed "the plan" posters might respond with First Book and I didn't want to spoil the end of that book because it really is worth the read. And the ending was quite a surprise.

Any ideas?

4x4filly

Re: Book help, please. SPOILER ALERT
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
I'm a huge Stephen King fan, and can say I've probably read everything that has been published so far :)  If you want to PM me the details of the 'plan' so it doesn't spoil it for others, I'll see if I can make a guess for you :)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: Book help, please. SPOILER ALERT
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »
PM sent. Thanks, 4x4filly ;D