Author Topic: Bacon Artichoke Dip  (Read 920 times)

SCMagnolia

Bacon Artichoke Dip
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese - softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pkg bacon, cooked and crumbled (I may only use about 2/3 - 3/4 of a package depending on thickness)
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped to the size you prefer (I gauge this on the type of chips I'm using)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella

Mix cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream until well blended.   Add in the bacon (reserve some for topping), the artichoke hearts, and shredded cheese.  Mix until well-combined.

Spread into a pie or tart pan or a small casserole dish and bake at 400 for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly and lightly browned on top. Top with the reserved bacon and serve hot with with pita chips, sourdough bread cubes, veggies, whatever you like to dip!

I play around with this recipe.  You really can't screw it up.

The cheese amounts are what the original recipe calls for.  It seems like 2 cups of cheese is a lot, so I cut it back a bit.  I have also substituted shredded swiss cheese, but because it can make the dip really thick, I'll add a bit more mayo and sour cream.
Just play around with the amounts to get the consistency you want.

For color, you can add diced roasted red pepper or sun-dried tomatoes.

For more veggies, you can add a small package of frozen spinach -- just be sure to drain it REALLY well.

You can also add green onion or use green onion to garnish.

If you like it spicy, add a dash or two (or more, depending on how hot you like it!) of cayenne pepper or hot sauce.  I usually add a dash or two of hot sauce just to spice it up.

You can serve this right out of the oven or transfer it to a crock pot to keep it warm.  If I'm transporting this, I'll cover the dish with foil while it bakes so it doesn't get too browned on top and then transfer it to a crock pot to take with me.

cwm

Re: Bacon Artichoke Dip
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »
Thank you for this!

I'm turning into the "dip girl" for the communal potluck parties, and I'm always looking for more dip. And bacon...you can never go wrong with bacon.

I may play around with this this weekend for the DW party.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »
Thank you for this!

I'm turning into the "dip girl" for the communal potluck parties, and I'm always looking for more dip. And bacon...you can never go wrong with bacon.

you are having a DW party?!

cwm

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
Thank you for this!

you are having a DW party?!

50th Anniversary special, BF and I are huge nerds, of COURSE we're having a party. :)

Pen^2

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »
Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to eat some :)

kategillian

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »
I'm making this for a party on Tuesday!

kategillian

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »
I made this for my Christmas Party last night. It got RAVE reviews and many requests for the recipe! It even outshone my famous crab dip.