Author Topic: What do you say to that?  (Read 2394 times)

onyonryngs

Re: What do you say to that?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 09:05:30 PM »
This isn't all that uncommon. It happens. It's not right but at least it's just for her and she didn't make copies, but you really want to think about not harping on all the negative things you seem to think your family does. If you post positive things, I've missed it, but you post about them OFTEN.  Not even a 4 year old was safe from judgement. People aren't perfect, neither are you. Try to enjoy life a bit more and nitpick a bit less. You don't know how much time you have with them and it is truely sad to only focus on what they can't do right.

Didn't you leave a comment with similarly unhelpful personal criticism on my last thread, leading to it being locked, or am I thinking of someone else? Regardless, most etiquette questions stem from violations of etiquette, not happily ever afters. You could leave this exact kind of comment on any thread here and it would be just as applicable and just as unhelpful.

Not in any thread...  But copyright infringement is not an etiquette issue.  And neither is learning how to communicate with your in laws. This seems to be your personal space to vent about all they do wrong.  There's a lot of venting thinly disguised as an etiquette question. You're smart enough to know that's exactly what you are doing.

LadyL

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
This isn't all that uncommon. It happens. It's not right but at least it's just for her and she didn't make copies, but you really want to think about not harping on all the negative things you seem to think your family does. If you post positive things, I've missed it, but you post about them OFTEN.  Not even a 4 year old was safe from judgement. People aren't perfect, neither are you. Try to enjoy life a bit more and nitpick a bit less. You don't know how much time you have with them and it is truely sad to only focus on what they can't do right.

Didn't you leave a comment with similarly unhelpful personal criticism on my last thread, leading to it being locked, or am I thinking of someone else? Regardless, most etiquette questions stem from violations of etiquette, not happily ever afters. You could leave this exact kind of comment on any thread here and it would be just as applicable and just as unhelpful.

Not in any thread...  But copyright infringement is not an etiquette issue.  And neither is learning how to communicate with your in laws. This seems to be your personal space to vent about all they do wrong.  There's a lot of venting thinly disguised as an etiquette question. You're smart enough to know that's exactly what you are doing.

I amended my earlier comment because I had you confused with another poster. I disagree re: the bolded, I have learned a lot about how to communicate boundaries politely from this forum. You are criticizing me for venting, but you seem to just be venting yourself about why you don't like my posting style...?

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 09:11:19 PM »
I have never seen the copyright mark on anything I have viewed and used - it's probably there, but I just missed it. I have only used the images for my own use - maybe on a thank you note or something like that. Thank you for pointing this out to me, but I still think - if it is on the internet, it's up for grabs.

I have seen many images with "copy" or "Consumerist" and the like over them - hmmmm - what a good idea!  I had a check years ago that I had to copy for legal purposes and when I sent it through the scanner  the thing was covered with "COPY" on it. Coolest thing ever! I thought at the time. And it still was the proof I needed.

onyonryngs

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »

I amended my earlier comment because I had you confused with another poster. I disagree re: the bolded, I have learned a lot about how to communicate boundaries politely from this forum. You are criticizing me for venting, but you seem to just be venting yourself about why you don't like my posting style...?

Style?  No, your style is fine, but find something positive about your family every once in awhile and chat with your husband about these issues as most of this is relationship issues rather than etiquette issues. 

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
If there's an emoticon for throwing one's arms up in disbelief that adults will reduce themselves to such petty bickering, discuss legal matters and admit to venting, all in one thread, I'd love to see it.

Instead I'm locking it and everyone stop it. If you want to chat offline, fine. Have at it.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.