Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

Typing the letters in the verification box

(1/1)

DangerousKitten:
Hi;

I find that I have significant trouble every time identifying the letters in the verification box, both by sound and appearance. They are just too distorted for me.

I wondered if the board had considered other options for verification? I've seen many other gizmos for doing the same thing that I find a lot more legible.

Obviously if it isn't possible I will have to deal with it, but I also wondered why even registered users must do the verification each time they post a topic?

Thanks

Outdoor Girl:

--- Quote from: DangerousKitten on November 26, 2013, 01:11:57 PM ---...I also wondered why even registered users must do the verification each time they post a topic?

--- End quote ---

That's weird; I've never had to do the verification.  Maybe it is a new policy for new members and after you've been posting a while, you won't have to do it any more?

rose red:
I never heard of this either.  I can perhaps see new members verifying when they log in, but just to post each time sound very strange.

cwm:
It could be a verification for the first X number of posts. I seem to remember having to do it when I first joined, but soon enough I didn't have to do verification any more.

Tosca:
Agreed that the verification letters are very difficult to identify, both visually and by sound.  I just had one with lots of letters ending in the "ee" sound (v, b, d etc) and they all sounded the same.  I find it takes a combination of listening and looking to correctly identify them; anyone with any vision or hearing difficulties must find it a nightmare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version