Author Topic: Typing the letters in the verification box  (Read 554 times)

DangerousKitten

Typing the letters in the verification box
« on: November 26, 2013, 01:11:57 PM »
Hi;

I find that I have significant trouble every time identifying the letters in the verification box, both by sound and appearance. They are just too distorted for me.

I wondered if the board had considered other options for verification? I've seen many other gizmos for doing the same thing that I find a lot more legible.

Obviously if it isn't possible I will have to deal with it, but I also wondered why even registered users must do the verification each time they post a topic?

Thanks

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Typing the letters in the verification box
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »
...I also wondered why even registered users must do the verification each time they post a topic?

That's weird; I've never had to do the verification.  Maybe it is a new policy for new members and after you've been posting a while, you won't have to do it any more?
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
I never heard of this either.  I can perhaps see new members verifying when they log in, but just to post each time sound very strange.

cwm

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »
It could be a verification for the first X number of posts. I seem to remember having to do it when I first joined, but soon enough I didn't have to do verification any more.

Tosca

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »
Agreed that the verification letters are very difficult to identify, both visually and by sound.  I just had one with lots of letters ending in the "ee" sound (v, b, d etc) and they all sounded the same.  I find it takes a combination of listening and looking to correctly identify them; anyone with any vision or hearing difficulties must find it a nightmare.