News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 03, 2015, 01:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Peanut butter  (Read 41071 times)

metallicafan

Re: Peanut butter
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »
This past Christmas I made brownies with peanut butter chips inside and put a peanut butter icing on top.  My bil went crazy over them.  Chocolate and peanut butter is a huge favorite in our family.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »
I love peanut butter fudge, made with peanut butter morsels and sweetened condensed milk.

My favorite peanut butter is JIF extra crunchy. I love it on French toast and waffles with syrup, in a sandwich with jelly.

JoW

« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
I love peanut butter.  I eat it at least once each week.  But peanut butter is good for more than just flavor.

Peanut butter is relatively high in protein and is less expensive than many other protein sources.  Its also high calorie.  The food banks love to get it.  (For outside the US - food banks are charities that provide food to low-income and no-income households.)  The processed stuff keeps well.  It is normally eaten without being cooked.  Its great to have on hand when a storm takes out the power for a few days. 

demarco

« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2015, 06:44:46 PM »

When Honey Girl gets bored with a plain rawhide stick, I'll smear regular PB on it.  By the time she's gotten all the PB off, the rawhide is softened and she'll get into a good chew.  Honey Girl has her own PB jar so I don't worry about dog hair getting in our gourmet PB.

When my lab Temperance was a pup  and  a Tasmanian devil in a dog suit I used to  fill her kong with dog biscuits and peanut butter and put it in the freezer. I'd give it to her when I was at my wits end to give myself ten minutes of peace.

miranova

« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2015, 01:31:41 PM »
We buy peanut butter at Sam's Club (a warehouse store where you have to have a membership and everything is sold in bulk) and I can barely keep enough in the house.  All the kids eat it, sometimes for both breakfast and lunch.  And a snack.  On toast, on crackers, in a sandwich, sometimes just a spoonful. 

I don't really eat it, but I do love peanut butter based desserts.  My peanut butter pie is amazing.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2015, 01:36:33 PM »
We buy peanut butter at Sam's Club (a warehouse store where you have to have a membership and everything is sold in bulk) and I can barely keep enough in the house.  All the kids eat it, sometimes for both breakfast and lunch.  And a snack.  On toast, on crackers, in a sandwich, sometimes just a spoonful. 

I don't really eat it, but I do love peanut butter based desserts.  My peanut butter pie is amazing.

Yes, a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of nutella is an excellent meal for my 4-year-old.  She needs calories and it actually takes a while to eat and she is happy.  If I could get some broccoli in there it would be the perfect small child meal. 
Sam's sells Nutella too.   

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »

Yes, a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of nutella is an excellent meal for my 4-year-old.  She needs calories and it actually takes a while to eat and she is happy.  If I could get some broccoli in there it would be the perfect small child meal. 
Sam's sells Nutella too.

My kids used to eat brocolli with peanut sauce... Peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, and oil. I'd cook the brocolli and chop then stir in the sauce. If serving as a meal, I'd add noodles.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2015, 06:54:33 PM »
Hello, my name is Dazi and I'm a peanut butter addict.  :P

Seriously,  I eat PB every single day.  I love the stuff.  It's great on slices of bananas, apples, celery, or just a spoon.  My favorite though, disgusts most people, PB with bread and butter pickles.

I also enjoy chicken and broccoli/with or without other vegetables with peanut sauce (I use cococut aminos in place of the soy sauce since I'm allergic to soy).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah