Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

What to bring for office holiday potluck?

(1/9) > >>

jedikaiti:
The office holiday potluck (desserts & hearty appetizers) is rapidly approaching, and I have no idea what to bring. Suggestions? Ideas? Seafood dip?

GlitterIsMyDrug:

--- Quote from: jedikaiti on November 26, 2013, 03:56:06 PM ---The office holiday potluck (desserts & hearty appetizers) is rapidly approaching, and I have no idea what to bring. Suggestions? Ideas? Seafood dip?

--- End quote ---

Bring it! Bring it and laugh harder then anyone else in the office and make them think you're a bit mad! Actually suggest someone else bring it and then laugh.

I usually bring plates or ice or drinks. So I'm of little help. Though everyone likes cookies.

workerbee:
My go-to potluck dish is a crock pot full of those cocktail meatballs. Frozen meatballs, Heinz chili sauce, can of jellied cranberries. Done! They
disappear quickly.

Outdoor Girl:
One of the hits last year at our pot luck was a skewer with a grape tomato, Italian salami, ball of mozzarella or boccancini (sp?) with basil leaves and drizzled with balsamic vinegrette.  Delicious.

Someone else did pulled pork sliders.

I usually do homemade bread or rolls but then, we have a full out meal potluck.

Glitter, bringing the plates is a great way to contibute if you aren't into cooking/baking.  One of the guys in my office often brings 3 or 4 2L bottles of varied sodas, which is also a great addition.

jedikaiti:
Plates and bevvies are provided for us - partially funded by $ contributions to the party fund by those unable or disinclined to bring food. I should have mentioned that I am trying to avoid crock pot dishes, as I'm not sure what the power outlet situation will be. Perhaps I will do an assortment of little cookies. Or from-scratch pumpkin pie (since I'm not making it for Thanksgiving this year). Or a yule log - I make rather a good one. Or I could contribute to the appetizers (we always need more of those) but I have no idea what to do for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version