Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

What to bring for office holiday potluck?

<< < (9/9)

ladyknight1:
I make Oreo cheesecake truffles and Nutter Butter cheesecake truffles.

DollyPond:

--- Quote from: lowspark on December 06, 2013, 03:40:32 PM ---
Or the crowd-pleasing cream cheese block covered with jelly. Jalepeno jelly or any hot (spicy) jelly works best but I've seen it done with just about any kind or with salsa. Serve with crackers.

--- End quote ---

Another topping for the cream cheese is a bottle of Pickapeppa sauce (http://www.pickapeppa.com) with some pineapple preserves mixed in.  It comes out sweet and hot.  It LOOKS awful but tastes great!  I have even put a sign on the dish saying "I know it looks bad but just taste it you will really like it."

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: DollyPond on December 14, 2013, 12:21:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: lowspark on December 06, 2013, 03:40:32 PM ---
Or the crowd-pleasing cream cheese block covered with jelly. Jalepeno jelly or any hot (spicy) jelly works best but I've seen it done with just about any kind or with salsa. Serve with crackers.

--- End quote ---

Another topping for the cream cheese is a bottle of Pickapeppa sauce (http://www.pickapeppa.com) with some pineapple preserves mixed in.  It comes out sweet and hot.  It LOOKS awful but tastes great!  I have even put a sign on the dish saying "I know it looks bad but just taste it you will really like it."

--- End quote ---
I thought my BIL was the only one to do this. And I must say, it's the only use of Pickapeppa sauce I've ever seen. I think I'm going to go research how other's use it.
I thought my b

I thought my

scarlett:
Okay, thread jacking here. I need a warm appetizer for my office pot-luck next Saturday. Crock pot is good. any ideas?

Hmmmmm:
I haven't made it but I just came across this twist on meatballs and it sounds wonderful.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/quick-shrimp-chowder-10000000569452/

This is an excellent crab dip. You can either bake and move to a crockpot to stay warm or you can mix up the night before, put in the crockpot, and then once at the office turn to  low and cook for 2 to 3 hours till hot once you get to the office.
Lemoned Crabmeat
Alice Craig
Appeared in 1st Junior League of Houston Cookbook.
1 pound crabmeat
Juice of one lemon
1 medium onion, minced
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons flour (scant)
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
dash white pepper
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce