General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

"Bachelor" producer in note-passing war on airplane on Thanksgiving

(1/6) > >>

DCGirl:
Elan Gale, a producer, got into a note-passing "war" with another passenger on a plane on Thanksgiving.  According to him, the woman was rude both to ground and in-flight personnel and complaining loudly and often because the flight was delayed.  So, once on board, he sent her a glass of wine and a note.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/29/elan-gale-vs-diane-live-tweeted-mid-air-thanksgiving-spat-_n_4359131.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

I think we've all been in line behind or seated next to the customer who will not stop complaining, but passing notes seems childish, doesn't it?

Twik:
You know, I bet the flight attendant was thrilled with his "support". Oh, not really, because she had to deal with two passengers apparently getting into a physical disagreement.

Elan might have helped by actually trying to sooth the woman, rather than rile her up.

TootsNYC:
And the whole "eat my...." was really over the top. I wouldn't have supported any of his notes, but that really just put it over ANOTHER line.

Carotte:

--- Quote from: TootsNYC on November 29, 2013, 12:21:18 PM ---And the whole "eat my...." was really over the top. I wouldn't have supported any of his notes, but that really just put it over ANOTHER line.

--- End quote ---

I was already thinking the note passing and alcohol dropping was too childish and PA but I just stopped reading the thing after the "eat my..". He lost all my sympathy there.
Had he stuck to venting on twitter it would have been fun but not that.

TootsNYC:
Or if he'd sent the wine along with a note that said, "I couldn't help but notice that you are particularly stressed about getting home for Thanksgiving. All the rest of us have exactly the same frustration--you are not the only person for whom this is Thanksgiving, and your reaction has unfortunately made this even more stressful for the rest of us. I hope you can relax and regain some perspective. Happy Thanksgiving."

But Evan would probably not have been willing to spend any money to genuinely make people feel better--he'd only be willing to fork out dough to be entertained.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version