Author Topic: Weird and Wacky Things You've Pulled Out Of A Clogged Toilet  (Read 476 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Weird and Wacky Things You've Pulled Out Of A Clogged Toilet
« on: February 27, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »
My Boss told me this story today.  The toilet in the main bathroom, that his two teenage daughters use, was clogged yesterday.  He tried snaking it and it didn't work.  So after dropping the youngest off at soccer, he came home and removed the toilet, all with a shoulder separation, to boot.

And he found a picture of the youngest's ex-boyfriend.  She got a bit of a talking to when he got her home.  She was giggling because she could tell XBF that he had [poop] all over his face.  Boss told her that if she really needed to do something dramatic, light the dang thing up over the kitchen sink!

This child, apparently, has quite the knack for this kind of thing.  She clogged the toilet at the child minder's place many times over the years.  Dropped an apple in the toilet to see if it would float then flushed, for example.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

perpetua

Re: Weird and Wacky Things You've Pulled Out Of A Clogged Toilet
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »
I don't think I've ever pulled anything odd out of a clogged toilet but I just wanted to post to say that this is my favourite thread title ever.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 01:10:06 PM »
When I was a kid, I had one of those safety flags on my bike.  One day I discovered a strange hole in the front yard with a plastic thing on top - it had been capped, but there was a hole in the cap (probably clipped by the lawnmower) and the hole went down really far.  I stuck the bike flag down in it, accidentally dropped it, and completely forgot about the whole thing.

Yeah, turns out that was the sewage line to the house, and the flag caused a massively expensive plumbing issue by the time my parents figured out what was up, a month later  :-[ :-[

random numbers

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:28:02 PM »
A friend of mine travels to a lot of conventions and has some ... interesting ideas about less effort sometimes. Ordered a sandwich from room service that had a large kosher pickle on the side. Didn't want the pickle, but didn't want it to stink up the room in the garbage or on the plate. Decision? flush it.

Did not end well. The hotel plumber pulled it out after the inevitable overflow and desperate call to the front desk. My friend denied all responsibility and knowledge, but really...

whatsanenigma

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »
My parents recently had an issue with their toilet, in which it was just getting clogged way too easily.  It didn't take much paper at all for it to clog and need the plunger.  They repeatedly used that liquid stuff that is supposed to dissolve clogs, but that was a temporary fix at best.  My dad is no stranger to plumbing, and tried, I forget the exact procedures, but several different things, to no avail.

Finally, he and mom just took the toilet apart to physically look directly in the pipes, where they discovered...a spoon.

Not a big spoon, or even a soup spoon.  Just a regular, ordinary spoon that would be put by a plate with a fork and a knife.

Apparently it had been causing a partial blockage and kind of moving around with the water, so it wasn't a consistent blockage and it didn't respond to clog dissolving stuff or any other traditional methods.

But how it got in there, or when, none of us have any idea.  It's the same toilet that has been there since the house was built in the mid seventies (and yes, it is a lovely shade of avocado green!) and they have only taken it all the way apart twice before, both times a long time ago.  I suspect it was that somebody was using warm salt water as a mouthwash for a while and somehow the spoon to stir it ended up in the toilet...but who knows?

And who knew a spoon could clog a toilet at all....or cause such a mystery?

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »
My parents recently had an issue with their toilet, in which it was just getting clogged way too easily.  It didn't take much paper at all for it to clog and need the plunger.  They repeatedly used that liquid stuff that is supposed to dissolve clogs, but that was a temporary fix at best.  My dad is no stranger to plumbing, and tried, I forget the exact procedures, but several different things, to no avail.

Finally, he and mom just took the toilet apart to physically look directly in the pipes, where they discovered...a spoon.

Not a big spoon, or even a soup spoon.  Just a regular, ordinary spoon that would be put by a plate with a fork and a knife.

Apparently it had been causing a partial blockage and kind of moving around with the water, so it wasn't a consistent blockage and it didn't respond to clog dissolving stuff or any other traditional methods.

But how it got in there, or when, none of us have any idea.  It's the same toilet that has been there since the house was built in the mid seventies (and yes, it is a lovely shade of avocado green!) and they have only taken it all the way apart twice before, both times a long time ago.  I suspect it was that somebody was using warm salt water as a mouthwash for a while and somehow the spoon to stir it ended up in the toilet...but who knows?

But did they keep the spoon?
Otherwise the silverware set is incomplete. >:D

whatsanenigma

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 06:11:45 PM »

But did they keep the spoon?
Otherwise the silverware set is incomplete. >:D

LOL, yes, they actually did.  It was just a regular metal spoon, so they ran it through the dishwasher with the next batch and now it's back in the drawer. 

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 06:24:33 PM »
A bunch of mini super villains.  I was babysitting and the child was playing superheroes and drowning the villains by flushing them.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:42:58 PM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

crella

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »
A couple of temple oranges, half-peeled. We invited 8 or 9 boys from DS's second grade class to his birthday and all 18 boys in the class showed up. 18 second-grade boys! A boy hurricane! They took the house apart. Earrings in the cat's water dish, stuffed animals in the oven, and yes, oranges in the toilet.

Word of the party got around, I guess. I figured 'it's only a couple hours, what the heck?' and we had enough food. I did not expect to have to put the whole house to rights again after they left. Most of it made me laugh, he had some really funny friends.