Author Topic: Evil Christmas Town: Happy Update post #50 Page 4  (Read 4683 times)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Re: Evil Christmas Town
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
I absolutely love those pictures.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

cwm

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 11:10:58 AM »
Now I want to go out and find a friend who has those houses and replace all the bulbs with red ones, just to mess with them. What a great plan!

SCMagnolia

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 11:15:51 AM »
That red light in that church is just SCARY!!!!!

I think it's HILARIOUS, but if you can't live with it, you can't. Any chance he has some spare green bulbs and could alternate? Maybe the red and green together would seem more Christmas-y than the red on its own...

For the love of all things good and holy, please do not use green!!!  When I was a kid, there was a green house out the road from us and the people that lived there decorated their house with GREEN Christmas lights.  ALL GREEN. The place looked like a kryptonite mine.  The radioactive glow could be seen all the way to my house (and we did not live close by at all!) and it was just scary looking.  I still remember that horrible glow!!!

As for red...  Mom used to put candles with red bulbs in all our windows at Christmas.  This was also about the time The Amityville Horror came out.  I couldn't walk into a room that was lit solely with a red bulb in a Christmas candle. 

I had a very traumatic childhood, apparently. 

mrkitty

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »

I think it's HILARIOUS, but if you can't live with it, you can't. Any chance he has some spare green bulbs and could alternate? Maybe the red and green together would seem more Christmas-y than the red on its own...

For the love of all things good and holy, please do not use green!!!  When I was a kid, there was a green house out the road from us and the people that lived there decorated their house with GREEN Christmas lights.  ALL GREEN. The place looked like a kryptonite mine.  The radioactive glow could be seen all the way to my house (and we did not live close by at all!) and it was just scary looking.  I still remember that horrible glow!!!

As for red...  Mom used to put candles with red bulbs in all our windows at Christmas.  This was also about the time The Amityville Horror came out.  I couldn't walk into a room that was lit solely with a red bulb in a Christmas candle. 

You kill me. I am choking on coffee, you had me laughing that hard. I think my husband warped me last night or something, because I find your story incredibly hilarious.

I was terrified of that church with the red glow last night...but then I had to spend some time with it with the lights off to take the pictures...and now I'm strangely used to it.

As for the green lights, I see your point. My husband decided to be EXTRA creative, and he put a green bulb in the entry way light outside the front door. The rear flood light next to the back door he changed to red. Our apartment backs up to the freeway. There's no privacy fence or anything....just trees. They are now bare, and the cars driving on the freeway can see our back yard. He made our house look like a....storefront in the red light district.

I hope the cars go too fast to see anything. He is completely besotted with his own creativity. I'm just....well, I can't really say. If this is his way of blowing off steam, well, I guess it could be worse.

But that darn Christmas village he designed looks like the neighborhood from Poltergeist.
Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

magicdomino

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 11:39:22 AM »
Would yellow or orange bulbs make the village look like Thanksgiving?  Then you can pull out the village in October, use red bulbs, dead twigs for trees, etc.  November 1st, change out the red bulbs and stick some gourds and turkeys around.  Day after Thanksgiving brings "snow" and white bulbs.  Three months of use out of one village.   :)

mrkitty

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »
Would yellow or orange bulbs make the village look like Thanksgiving?  Then you can pull out the village in October, use red bulbs, dead twigs for trees, etc.  November 1st, change out the red bulbs and stick some gourds and turkeys around.  Day after Thanksgiving brings "snow" and white bulbs.  Three months of use out of one village.   :)

I think this is actually a delightful and creative idea. I think I would like to try that someday. It sounds absolutely lovely! Thanks for that idea, magicdomino!

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »

:D :D :D :D :D

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

mime

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »
I like how the little windows over the door of the bakery look like evil eyes when they're red!

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »
Well, if you wanted to keep the theme, you need an "Angel on the Shelf"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaIrhv_kKFQ

>:D >:D >:D

mrkitty

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
Well, if you wanted to keep the theme, you need an "Angel on the Shelf"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaIrhv_kKFQ

>:D >:D >:D

Sick.  >:D >:D >:D

Where can I get one? What's a Christmas celebration without a little revenge? I need some, considering what DH and the cats did to the Nativity scene.

I can't talk about it.  :'(

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
Paint the snow red, so it looks like dripping blood.

mrkitty

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 03:14:17 PM »
The thing is, my husband just does.not.get. why these red lights are so....off-putting. He's such a sweet, kind, generous person. Totally without guile. Seriously.

He just thinks it's pretty. And economical. Either I'm seriously warped or he's the most obtuse creature on earth. He claims complete innocence on this.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 03:18:33 PM »
whatever you do you need to post a picture for us to see.  Also I am going to try and convince my wife to do this.  we will have to buy houses and red lights but I think it is worth it.

Please, share pictures of the evil Christmas village!

ETA: I laughed and laughed in my office at work. This is quite possibly the most humorous thread on ehell.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:22:45 PM by ladyknight1 »

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 04:49:28 PM »
I want to know where is the Sweeney Todd Barber Shoppe??

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »
....And, the Victorian Bakery.

Yeah. A Bakery. Sure. Good cover story. To me, it looks like another kind of business, but...my husband just doesn't.get.why. I find this disturbingly...amusing.

Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata