Author Topic: Evil Christmas Town: Happy Update post #50 Page 4  (Read 5510 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Evil Christmas Town
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2013, 05:16:44 PM »
I'm also getting the soundbite of "We wants the redhead!" Can't imagine why. ;)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mrkitty

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »
Okay, first of all, when I went to open this topic to add my update, I will mention that the system said it has had 666 views. I am saying the Our Father as I write this.

Secondly, my desk and computer are in the front room where the Christmas tree and villages etc. are all set up. We have one large window facing the street and sidewalk.

It's dark out, overcast and a little rainy today. Since it's so dreary, I decided to turn the lights on early. I'm sitting at the computer working on a project, and I notice a jogger outside passing by. He stops. He turns and stares intently through our front window.

At first, I'm thinking he's appreciating our decorations, but he just stands there for a minute with this...look on his face. I can't really describe it. I'm starting to feel a little...uncomfortable. He's just standing there, staring. Not with a look of joy or wonder at my husband's lovely decorations...but he looks a little...scared.

He finally runs off. Quickly.

Later on, I decide to go outside to admire the pretty lights.

And then I notice something.

On the mantle over the fireplace, which is across the room and faces the big front window, my husband placed one of those electric candle sets with three "candles". They have bright orangey-red bulbs. Very pretty.

Only, when I go outside, I notice one of the three bulbs is burned out, leaving two. Which looks like a pair of demon eyes hovering somewhere behind the pretty Christmas tree. Here's what it looks like from outside:

I don't mind being freaked out by the Christmas decorations (too much) as I'm getting used to it - but I would hate for our neighbors to be traumatized. Goodness knows, I wouldn't want to be "demon-eyes-ed" in the neighborhood. (Get it?!)  ;D >:( :( :o

Don't worry. I have since removed the "candle" set until a replacement bulb is purchased.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:29:42 PM by mrkitty »
Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

wheeitsme

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »
I think you need to borrow an "Elf on the Shelf" and suspend it about a foot over his face while he's sleeping, so it's the first thing he sees when he wakes up in the morning.  And then ask him if he really thinks the red lights in the village are still a good idea.

The red lights are creepy.  But not as creepy as that Elf.

cwm

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2013, 03:10:33 PM »
I think you need to borrow an "Elf on the Shelf" and suspend it about a foot over his face while he's sleeping, so it's the first thing he sees when he wakes up in the morning.  And then ask him if he really thinks the red lights in the village are still a good idea.

The red lights are creepy.  But not as creepy as that Elf.

One of my co-workers did Elf on a Shelf for her kids. I babysat one night. When they went to bed, I took the darn thing down from the fireplace and put it in a drawer. I told CW where it was when she came home. She agreed that it was creepy as all get-out, but they were doing it at school too, and her DS kept asking her if the elf followed him home for Christmas break. EEP!

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »
Elf is ALL OVER Pinterest these days - some are NSFW. :P

mrkitty

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2013, 03:49:47 PM »
Happy update:

We have finally been able to find/acquire some (appropriate) replacement bulbs. The real Mr. Kitty is enjoying them:

Okay, now he's just hamming it up for the camera.  He's doing all these poses as though he thinks he's Zoolander.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:59:01 PM by mrkitty »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Evil Christmas Town: Happy Update post #50 Page 4
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
I am both amused and horrified by the demonic eyes. Mr Kitty is beautiful!

mrkitty

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2013, 04:01:25 PM »
I am both amused and horrified by the demonic eyes. Mr Kitty is beautiful!

Thank you, Ladyknight1! The (real!) Mr. Kitty and I send you big fluffy kitty hugs!  ;D

Oh, and I think he loves you now.  :D He loves EVERYONE who thinks he's pretty!

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »
I love the poses!!!

Just laying here snuggling my church (now that it's not demonic), hey are you taking pictures of me? You are! You are taking pictures of me! Well here...lemme pose.

Snooks

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
A new Christmas TV movie? Mr Kitty vs The Demon Christmas Village

cwm

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »

Someone call SyFy. They'd probably do it.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »
Worry not small Christmas Town town's people, Mr. Kitty will save you from the demonic forces that are ravaging your tiny town!

Hooray for Mr. Kitty!!

Or would Mr. Kitty first be feared for his large size and then have to prove he was here to do good and help the tiny Christmas Town town's people?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2013, 05:29:54 PM »
Beautiful kitty!  I can't tell if he's a big boy or it just seems that way because of the size of the village! LOL! 

You know though, with your writing style, Mr. Kitty, you really ought to write stories. You're hilarious! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
Yay! Also, I love Mr Kitty, he is gorgeous.

mrkitty

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »

I love it. Will start writing the screenplay right now!  ;D