Author Topic: Another Reason Peyton Manning is so Awesome  (Read 3918 times)

Lexophile

"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

Mikayla

Re: Another Reason Peyton Manning is so Awesome
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:14:41 PM »
I'm a Denverite too and I share the love! (even though I'm a Redskins fan).

I saw this earlier today and I was slightly appalled at the couple.  They really wanted the facetime that badly?  Ugh.

But this guy is pure class.  I hope he prevails Sunday in the very frigid air landing on us as I type!

Lexophile

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:36:26 PM »

I saw this earlier today and I was slightly appalled at the couple.  They really wanted the facetime that badly?  Ugh.

But this guy is pure class.  I hope he prevails Sunday in the very frigid air landing on us as I type!

To the bolded: Are you my long-lost sister???? The Redskins fight song was the first song I ever learned!
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:47:36 PM »

It's so hard to dislike him!  :D

(ETA - that came out wrong - I don't dislike him; I think he's so cool. I want to dislike him, just can't.)
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

HockeyNut

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »
Another Denverite here.  I'm not a football fan (bring on the sticks & pucks!) but how can anyone not like Peyton Manning?  I'd never invite him to my wedding because that's just weird but I wouldn't mind sitting down & having a beer with him.  He seems like such a nice guy with a good sense of humor (that video he did with Eli was a hoot!)
Does anyone else think this was just a gift grab? 

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »
Cowboy fan here but I still love Peyton. (so much better than his brother, Eli!)

Peyton has class! 

Mikayla

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 12:40:38 PM »

To the bolded: Are you my long-lost sister???? The Redskins fight song was the first song I ever learned!

Two Skins fans in Denver?  That can't be!  I came *this close* to snagging tickets for that game, but I think I was better off in our local sports bar, considering how it ended.

Also, @hobish, I know a lot of people who feel that way.  It's kind of intriguing.  There must be something about him that reminds people of that annoying guy in 7th grade. 

Dr. F.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
I know nothing whatever about football, but from what I've seen, Peyton seems like a real class act and a good guy.

RooRoo

• Iím out of my mind. Please leave a message.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »
Looks like we're up to four 'Skins fans in Denver. Well, I'm not in Denver, but who cares...

I grew up in DC, but have lived in CO longer than anywhere else. I didn't really know which team I loved the most until they played each other this fall. It turned out that the 'Skins are my Number One team - with the Broncos close behind!

And, yes. Peyton Manning is a Class Act. On and off the field. So is RGIII. Makes me happy!  ;D
"Someday we must write a book of Etiquette for sensible people," said Mrs. Morland, "though apart from a few rules it really boils down to an educated mind and a kind heart." ~ Angela Thirkell, Never Too Late

Mikayla

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
RooRoo, we travel a similar path.  I've lived most of my life in DC metro and, while I really like Denver, DC metro is my stomping grounds.  And I've been a Skins fan since before I could talk!  (We grew up in Chicago, but my mom was a diehard Skins fan.  Poor Dad supported the Bears).

I hate what I'm hearing about the Skins right now.  I love RGIII and I think for all the media attention he's gotten, he's handled it well.  But this old pattern of Snyder establishing relationships with individual players is disturbing, and I hate to think that RGIII may have developed an ego issue because of it.  It doesn't seem likely, but that locker room is imploding right now.

Oh, and back to Peyton - he's on tonight!  NFL Network.  Go Broncos.

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 11:45:26 AM »
I am a Pats fan and I think Peyton was raised right.  (And he spelled Anne with an 'e' which shows he read the invite!)  What lovely manners!
Formerly Mrs.Bart

LeveeWoman

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
GO PEYTON!

(Oh, and the rest of the Broncos!)

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 10:06:27 PM »
I'm a little irked to see that the author considers proper spelling to be "inexcusable ... and pretentious".

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 11:30:09 AM »
I'm a little irked to see that the author considers proper spelling to be "inexcusable ... and pretentious".

ITA.

Mikayla

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 01:43:40 PM »
Well, *that* didn't end well. 

Jeez....