Author Topic: What Do I Owe An Ebay Seller (please read)  (Read 5464 times)

Cattitude

Re: What Do I Owe An Ebay Seller (please read)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 07:41:57 AM »
I think a +++ is definitely in order.  eBay only lets you have 80 characters to type so, not much at all.  Anything but a + could seriously impact the seller's account with eBay depending on how high volume she is.

I'd write "seller pleasure to deal with and prompt contact w/A+ ethics".  Or something like that.  Definitely do NOT write a summary of what happened.  When I look at feedback I honestly hate seeing sellers blamed for things that are not their fault.  I can also say from experience that I am a super packer.  I sometimes go overboard with packing properly. Yet on occasion, people have told me the package has been torn, ripped, etc.  Luckily nothing ever got damaged.

I have also received packages that were obviously damaged in transit.  Sometimes stuff happens.

peaches

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 08:18:13 AM »
I think this seller deserves an A+ for service, based on offering a full refund.

But, I do have a concern about the packaging the seller offered. I would expect an expensive purse to be shipped in a box. A padded envelope wouldn't offer much protection, considering how packages get stacked, tossed around, etc. It might depend on the type of purse whether the original package was adequate.

I think I'd put in the review that a padded envelope was used and damaged in shipping. Then add that the seller was responsive and gave a full refund. 

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »

I think it's that OP is not the kind of person who can dash off a message and hit send.  She has to think about it, write it and make sure it's ok before hitting send.  It also may be that this is just a lower priority than everything else going on in her life and can wait until she feels she has the time to deal with it.  There is nothing wrong with either

I do more understandable feedback when I can sit, think, and rewrite - unlike Etiquette Hell, you can't modify your post, so if you leave a word out, it's confusing and may mean the opposite of what you intended to say.

I may use Word to make a draft copy though & fiddle with it over the next couple of days - so that I can "edit" it before freezing it on eBay's feedback pages. 
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

lowspark

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
If she refunded your paypal money, didn't she also cancel the sale through ebay? If so you would have gotten a notice from ebay to approve the cancellation. And if she canceled the sale, you won't be able to leave feedback.

But if you can, I like this:

"There was an issue with the purse due to shipping but the Seller handled it gracefully and quickly!  Definitely would buy from them again!  A++++++!!!"

You have a fairly reasonable length of time to leave feedback. It's not anything as short as three days... actually, I think it's 60.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 10:45:50 AM »
I really wouldn't take a couple of days for this, especially considering the seller was so responsive to you.  The seller's rating is the only thing that keeps them getting customers and it would be polite to give them feedback asap.  You certainly don't need to write a paragraph or anything (Ebay wouldn't let you anyway, there is a small character limit).  Just go with what Bopper suggested and you're done. 

"There was an issue with the purse due to shipping but the Seller handled it gracefully and quickly!  Definitely would buy from them again!  A++++++!!!"

Maybe throw in some more exclamation points. ;-)

DavidH

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »
I don't understand the I need multiple days to leave <80 characters of feedback.  If you feel compelled to mention it was damaged in shipping, I'd write, "Item damaged in shipping; seller responsive; offered full refund"  If it fits, I'd modify it to, "Excellent seller, item damaged in shipping; seller responsive; offered full refund"

The seller's rating both enables them to get new customers and affects their Ebay fees, so the right thing to do is to leave timely feedback. 

lowspark

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »
Yeah, thinking about this, really, I don't think anyone actually reads positive feedback other than the receiver. When I'm checking out a seller, I look at the percentage of positive feedback, and if there's negative, the percentage of that, how recent it is, and sometimes I'll read some actual negatives and neutrals.

But there's not much reason to read the positives. The main benefit of the positives are to up the seller's ratings. As a seller, I receive some glowing feedback and some as simple as "thanks". One buyer just left a period, ".". But it was positive, added one to my positive rating and that's all I cared about.

I'd just post whatever and quit worrying about it. Bopper's wording is nice, it communicates to the seller how you feel, and it adds one to their rating.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 04:14:41 PM »
I just sent off all my photos of the packaging to her - she had insurance on the package and is going to file a claim with the post office.

If they broke it, they can pay for it so that neither of US is out of pocket due to their actions.  It's what insurance is for.

Idlewildstudios

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »
I just sent off all my photos of the packaging to her - she had insurance on the package and is going to file a claim with the post office.

If they broke it, they can pay for it so that neither of US is out of pocket due to their actions.  It's what insurance is for.

This.  Did you save the packaging?  Often, if the PO settles the insurance claim, the money is refunded and the item in question is turned over to the postal service.  So if you choose to keep the purse, I'd send the seller some $$.  No matter what, she was an awesome seller and deserves a " Great to work with, very professional!"  at the very least.  Glad she was so easy to work with!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »
I've got it packed up to send - I'm waiting to hear back from her if she needs it to turn over to the post office.  But I didn't end up going to the post office today - so it's still here. 

cross_patch

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 06:48:05 PM »
I don't understand the I need multiple days to leave <80 characters of feedback.  If you feel compelled to mention it was damaged in shipping, I'd write, "Item damaged in shipping; seller responsive; offered full refund"  If it fits, I'd modify it to, "Excellent seller, item damaged in shipping; seller responsive; offered full refund"

The seller's rating both enables them to get new customers and affects their Ebay fees, so the right thing to do is to leave timely feedback.

I have to say I agree with this; multiple posters have given excellent wording. Why wouldn't you just post it now?

QueenfaninCA

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »
I think this seller deserves an A+ for service, based on offering a full refund.

But, I do have a concern about the packaging the seller offered. I would expect an expensive purse to be shipped in a box. A padded envelope wouldn't offer much protection, considering how packages get stacked, tossed around, etc. It might depend on the type of purse whether the original package was adequate.

I think I'd put in the review that a padded envelope was used and damaged in shipping. Then add that the seller was responsive and gave a full refund.

POD.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »
Grrr - ordered a new case with a Bluetooth keyboard for my Nook HD+ so it would be more like an Android laptop/netbook (the Android keyboard on the screen covers too much of the screen to suit me).

What can I say?  I have a tendency to be verbose - I want to SEE what I'm typing, not just the first few lines!!!

It came in today in a padded envelope. No apparent damage.  I charged it for the 3 to 4 hours that the instruction card said to do.  It took a couple of tries to get it paired.  The Bluetooth paired with my (cell phone) headset - I could hear the various test tones to confirm that it worked (although now the headset is charging, too).

At first, I got a message that the keyboard and headset were "devices not available" - now it says "devices available" - but nothing shows up when I type on the Bluetooth keyboard.

The only thing that it worked for was pairing itself to my Nook...but if it won't type....I'm not going to be a happy buyer.  I've sent two messages in about three hours - the first one was late enough that the seller, if they have a business location, might have left (came from one time zone east, so an hour earlier).

Oddly enough, I've bought several things off eBay as gifts over the last two months - the only two that aren't working were bought for myself.  Anything bought as a gift came in fine and the new Nook HD+ came in fine (original factory packaging, still heat sealed in plastic - so, brand new & unused).  My purse/shell in December and the new keyboard today....not in good shape, apparently.

++++++++++++++updated to test the keyboard++++++++++++++

This is odd, it works with Windows 7 on my computer - but NOT with the Nook HD+that it was purchased for.  Really odd....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:10:48 PM by VorFemme »

Promise

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 09:35:07 PM »
Side note regarding the purse. Couldn't you use it with the flawed side toward your body?

wik31

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM »
Grrr - ordered a new case with a Bluetooth keyboard for my Nook HD+ so it would be more like an Android laptop/netbook (the Android keyboard on the screen covers too much of the screen to suit me).

What can I say?  I have a tendency to be verbose - I want to SEE what I'm typing, not just the first few lines!!!

It came in today in a padded envelope. No apparent damage.  I charged it for the 3 to 4 hours that the instruction card said to do.  It took a couple of tries to get it paired.  The Bluetooth paired with my (cell phone) headset - I could hear the various test tones to confirm that it worked (although now the headset is charging, too).

At first, I got a message that the keyboard and headset were "devices not available" - now it says "devices available" - but nothing shows up when I type on the Bluetooth keyboard.

The only thing that it worked for was pairing itself to my Nook...but if it won't type....I'm not going to be a happy buyer.  I've sent two messages in about three hours - the first one was late enough that the seller, if they have a business location, might have left (came from one time zone east, so an hour earlier).

Oddly enough, I've bought several things off eBay as gifts over the last two months - the only two that aren't working were bought for myself.  Anything bought as a gift came in fine and the new Nook HD+ came in fine (original factory packaging, still heat sealed in plastic - so, brand new & unused).  My purse/shell in December and the new keyboard today....not in good shape, apparently.

++++++++++++++updated to test the keyboard++++++++++++++

This is odd, it works with Windows 7 on my computer - but NOT with the Nook HD+that it was purchased for.  Really odd....

I'm not sure what's happening here. None of this has anything to do with etiquette.