Author Topic: Quick help! What to bring to dinner?  (Read 2245 times)

menley

Re: Quick help! What to bring to dinner?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 08:02:28 PM »
I'd also just bring the truffles, but I wanted to point out that poinsettias are not actually poisonous to children or pets.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 08:59:35 PM »
Okay, I brought the truffles.  They went over really well!  The little boy (the 2-year-old) was really eager to get to eat them, so after dinner his mom opened them up and (after asking me) passed out one to each kid.  I think she really liked them, as she ate a bunch.  :)  So it looks like they were a good choice!  Still lots left for them to enjoy later.

Thanks, everyone!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 10:42:19 AM »
Just for the record, I think Linder truffles are the best chocolate candy ever - better than Godiva, and a lot easier to find, as well as cheaper. And better than any homemade I have had. Thank you, Walmart.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 12:24:52 PM »
Second to flowers - always an appropriate hostess gift.

Flowers are beautiful but they can be a problem.  When you're putting together the last bits of a dinner party and a guest shows up with a dozen roses, you're of two minds. 

Part of you says, 'Isn't this a lovely, thoughtful gift?'.  The other part says, ' S***! now I have to cut these stems under water and find an appropriate vase while the gravy is at a delicate point'.