Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 38766 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 08:53:10 AM »
I got my dishwasher unpacked before I came into work and got the dirty dishes piling up put in it.

I won't be doing my beer store run, as planned, because I forgot to put the empties in the car.  I'll have to do that another day.  And I didn't have to clean the driveway!  The squalls are north of us.  I did do the steps because I didn't do them last night, thinking there'd be more snow.  And the paper boy comes today so I wanted them clear.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

jane7166

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 09:05:52 AM »
Got the laundry started! 

Called the city to complain about the neighbor whose cut-up tree is still in the street (curb-side) from the nasty Mid-November storm we had here which knocked his tree down.  While I admire this guy's promptness in getting the massive amount of brush and limbs cut-up, in this city, you are supposed to put your leaves and storm debris on the tree lawn, not in the street. 

I guess the neighbor doesn't want the leaves and debris affecting his grass because the grass does wilt a bit with the stuff piled on it.  I am more interested in getting that side of the street open since it's now snow plowing season and I'm not going to endure blockages in our street because jerky neighbor is worried about his grass. 

cwm

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
Paid my car insurance! (Only 7 days late, and they give you a 10 day grace period...which is good because I'm horribly forgetful.)

Mostly filled out the Congressional Survey that came to the house. All I need to do is look up the voting record for the congressperson it's asking about and send it off.

And last Sunday (the 1st), I managed to drop boyfriend's X-mas present off with a friend. It's a comic book, and it has to go through her, to her ex-BF (still good friends), to another mutual friend to get it signed by the author, then back to ExBF, to friend, and then I have to go pick it up, bag it, board it (hoping to just use my boyfriend's supplies for this, as buying one bag and board is hard) and wrap it. I've done all I can at this point, now it's in the hands of my friends.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
I got my dorm room cleaned and my psychology of music exam done! Now I just have to pack, go to a movie night (oh, how hard my life is  ;) ), and take my guitar and intro to music therapy exams.

Then I get to go home!

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »
Took my final exams!

I need to bake two cakes, make a Mediterranean layered dip, wrap presents and address Christmas cards.

GratefulMaria

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
Yay to the final-exam takers!  Good luck with any that are left!

Another busy day, with a couple of false starts:

- took mother to doctor's appointment
- and blood work
- while I picked up some medications at another part of the hospital campus
- dropped her off at her house to bake her old neighbors Christmas cookies
- got multiple necessities for her and myself at Walmart
- stopped at mall for new lipstick
- bought a sweater for mother's Christmas gift
- home to put things away, found out sweater was wrong size
- took a walk with dog
- took sweater back, store didn't have her size, will order online
- picked mother up and brought her home
- may have cracked the code mentally on how to organize an outline I'm working on for a municipal subcommittee
- popped some steak tips under the broiler
- set the timer, which is why my next line item will not have anything to do with fire extinguishers
- beep!

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2013, 07:05:42 PM »
Last year we moved into a new office building.
Part of my job in the move was to move the library.
The Project Library consists of about 700 project binders. Unpacking and sorting those was a beast of a chore, but we got it done.

The Reference Library is smaller - only about 250 binders, catalogs and manuals.
Last fall, we unpacked them and put them more or less away to make room.
(Move # 1)

A couple of months later, we went back, took them all down and properly sorted and re-shelved them.
(Move # 2)

Today I found out that they are doing maintenance on that set of shelves over the holiday and all the books have to be taken off.  :P
(Move # 3)

In the new year, we will get to put all the books back on the repaired shelves.  ::)
(Move # 4)

I went to my supervisor and told her that "The Second Annual {Company} Library Moving Event is now concluded. Stay tuned for the closing ceremonies." She got a kick out of it. :D

So far, once per calendar year, we have moved the library.

I accomplished something, and now I think I'll go home and soak my aching muscles!

Desdemona

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »
I took my last final and then I cleaned my apartment because I don't get around to cleaning while I study and things were not good after two weeks. The amount of dust I get in my apartment is impressive.

And, I watered my plants! With how often I forget to do it, it's a miracle they are still alive.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
Today, I cleaned out the sock drawer.

Compared with things other posters have done, this sounds like nothing. 

However, some of the socks in that drawer are old enough to vote if not run for public office.  There were also a few emotional moments when old friends were reunited. 

emwithme

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2013, 02:30:49 PM »
Today I:

Went to my hospital appointment
Wrote, addressed and stamped my Christmas cards ready for posting tomorrow (including slips with our new address on)
Remembered to get cash to pay the Avon lady if she calls tomorrow.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
Today has been a very accomplished day so far!

- did a load of laundry
- Went to a job interview (I think it went really well!) - this is why I did some laundry first thing this morning
- bought stamps and mailed Christmas cards
- went to Home Depot and picked up foam insulation, utility knife and some paint samples
- went to Goodwill, scored a crockpot and stick blender for $12!
- picked up books on hold from library
- mailed package to amazon returns

I'm not sure if I want to do anything else today or if I'll just rest on my laurels for the rest of the day...

z_squared82

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »
Yesterday, I accomplished much. I actually took the day off to do all these things.
Between Monday night and Tuesday, I:

1. Put together a bag to take to the consignment shop
2. Put together a bag for donation
3. Restarted a scarf I had stopped years ago
4. Organized coupons by which stores I wanted to go to
5. Put together three bags of food to take to a food pantry
6. Finished that scarf, and then promptly put it in the donation bag
7. Took items to the consignment shop
8. Couponed at Target
9. Dropped old electronics off at a recycling center
10. Finished my motherís shopping for one of my cousins (I went because I had a coupon for something free from that store anyway)
11. Finished shopping for my friend gift exchange
12. Dropped cousin gift and several of the gifts from me off at my parentsí house (I donít have a tree, and we open them at their house anyway)
13. Couponed at Kroger
14. Mailed two packages at the post office

I still need to do probably 3 loads of laundry and all the dishes. And clean my carpet sometime before I host our friend holiday party.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »
I ran a couple of errands, including groceries.  I washed dishes.  I worked on the story I'm writing.  Not a whole lot, but that's not bad considering I did it along with an uncooperative toddler and a nasty cold.  :)

Also, I feel like this thread needs some Hyperbole and a Half.
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »
I managed to get to the corner store to get the lottery pool tickets as well as the scratch lottery tickets I put in stockings.  I decided to take a little time off work this afternoon to get some stuff done.  Made it to the farm to pick up my veggies, got them all put away, threw out the potatoes that were sprouting and have a big pot of applesauce on the stove right now.  I'm taking a little break and then I'm going to start working on my Christmas cards.  I'm going to see a bunch of people this weekend that I would normally mail a card to so I'm going to take them with me, if I can make it, weatherwise.  If I don't make it, I'll mail them Monday.

I haven't decided yet whether or not to do some sort of printed letter.  If I do, I think I might just make it a half page - hit the highlights and then mostly just sign the cards, with a personalized sentence for everyone.

And I will be doing some knitting later, too.  I need to get moving if I'm going to have any hope of getting a sweater done for my Dad.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2013, 05:52:43 PM »
I ran a couple of errands, including groceries.  I washed dishes.  I worked on the story I'm writing.  Not a whole lot, but that's not bad considering I did it along with an uncooperative toddler and a nasty cold.  :)

Also, I feel like this thread needs some Hyperbole and a Half.

Clean ALL THE THINGS!!!!!