Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 39399 times)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2013, 09:49:53 PM »
Saw my gastroenterologist for my 6-month checkup. (All good.)

Vacuumed the bedroom (which involved moving the bed, squeezing behind it with the vacuum, then moving it back), kitchen and hall. Wasn't crazy enough to do the living room; I just did it last week. :P

Folded an origami Christmas tree. Or, well, maybe I should just call it a chemistree.

And I'm about to go put all my clothes back where they belong, as I had to move them to vacuum.

I'm going to be so wrecked for the next few days.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

greencat

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »
I haven't done much today, but yesterday I bought myself and the new guy tickets for the Hobbit :)  I have plans to clean some stuff tonight though...I took a long nap to help myself adjust my sleep schedule so that I can take a longer one after work tomorrow.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2013, 10:04:25 PM »
I got my applesauce done and half my Christmas cards.  I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2013, 01:27:11 AM »
I ran a couple of errands, including groceries.  I washed dishes.  I worked on the story I'm writing.  Not a whole lot, but that's not bad considering I did it along with an uncooperative toddler and a nasty cold.  :)

Also, I feel like this thread needs some Hyperbole and a Half.

Color me impressed.

Today I
-did a predawn airport run for friends
-walked the pup
-answered a bunch of emails
-paid some bills
-spent 10 1/2 hours in lab, including meetings, experiments, analysis, cleaning, etc
-picked up dinner before I started to eat my own arm
-went to Home Depot and bought a toilet, baseboards & a door frame for my never-ending remodel
-took care of above friends' cats
-scheduled next week's work with the contractor (I might have one fully functional bathroom before Christmas!)
-made plans to meet up with three different friends this weekend
-planned a holiday party
-rehearsed my music

And now I veg.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2013, 08:06:18 AM »
I got out of bed and cleaned out the kitties' litter boxes.  I somehow managed to forget to do it last night and was "cussed" out this morning by my cat.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

z_squared82

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »
Well, I've already made a batch of muffins. Planning on making bread later. Hopefully I'll get to the laundry or posting things to Etsy.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »
I was supposed to go visit some friends today but didn't go due to bad weather - at their end.

But that means I was up and going early.  I've put away some clean dishes and repacked the dishwasher.  I've been out to finish my Christmas shopping - I just have a few grocery store things to grab for stockings.

I'm going to knit two pairs of mitts to go with the two hats I have done for donating to Christmas Cheer.  I'm going to try to tidy up my kitchen and tomorrow, I'll still be knitting and I'll be making some bread.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2013, 03:32:26 PM »
Thursday I started getting ready for an awards banquet, went to lunch with my son, and got him to his last final exam at the college.

Yesterday, I finished getting ready for the awards banquet (three calls with "we forgot to tell you to get THIS ONE ITEM!"), got my sickening husband ready to go, got into evening dress to go myself, stayed late with the other teacher to get things cleaned up & the event closed down on schedule, and brought home what wouldn't fit into the fridge there to store here.  This morning I started doing laundry (no time the last two days) & running the dishwasher with the reusable things from the banquet.  The chocolate fountain and a few other things are stored at our house as the storage area at work is already maxed out.

Which is at least part of why their storage space is maxed out...but that's not something on my "I accomplished something today!" list.

Note to anyone planning an annual banquet - Friday the 13th would be a good day to avoid...just saying...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2013, 03:49:08 PM »
I got my applesauce done and half my Christmas cards.  I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow.

That was Wednesday.  Thursday, I got my wild rice salad done for my work potluck Friday evening.  And I got the rest of my Christmas cards done.  Last night, I went to the potluck, prepping a plate of cookies to take with me.  When I got home, I prepped a can of cookies and most of my stuff to go to see friends, which didn't end up happening.  I'll take the cookies with me on Monday when I go to volunteer with Christmas Cheer, sorting food.  They have a little canteen area for the workers to have a bit of a rest and a bite to eat so the cookies will be appreciated there.
Ontario

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2013, 01:32:55 AM »
Another manic day between work, renovations and trying to have a life outside those two things.

-I put up a coat of primer in my bathroom
-went to my town's amazing holiday parade
-sang at my town's nursing home
-had a late and long lunch with friends
-went into work and took care of what absolutely had to be done today (insects are strangely demanding and need food and water daily)
-went back to the hardware store again
-ducked into the grocery store to pick up supplies to cook tomorrow (first time in 6 weeks!)
-pet sat

Guys, I'm getting so close on my downstairs!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2013, 11:36:22 AM »
Got up this morning and packed my bin to take when I go to volunteer for Christmas Cheer tomorrow and set 5 batches of bread.

Went out and blew the driveway and shovelled the deck while the bread was on it's first rise.

Came in a shaped 3 dozen whole wheat buns (on the rise in the oven) and 7 loaves of bread - 3 whole wheat and 4 cinnamon raisin - sitting on the side to rise slower while the buns bake.

I'm taking a brief break then I'm going to clean up the kitchen from this morning's work.

I got one pair of mitts done yesterday and started on the second pair.  When I get the second pair done, I'll go back to working on my nephew's sweater for Christmas.

I may go to grocery store this afternoon - there are bonus points on offer that won't be on offer tomorrow.
Ontario

Amara

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »
Am still wrapping stocking stuffers--seven small gifts to each person, five people. It's tiring as the practical things I buy don't come in packages designed to be wrapped prettily so it's extra work to measure and cut and fold and tape. And even then it doesn't look special, just wrapped. Oh well, these are meant to be fun.

Three people done, two to go. I'm taking a break to hopefully avoid a headache.

greencat

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »
Today I:
Went to Lowe's and picked up spackle and paint.  Home improvement project time is coming up next week since I'll have time off work.
Made the important stop to fill my tank with gas.
Went to Goodwill and raided the dress aisle for something nice to wear for New Year's Eve.  I found not one but two nice dresses!  Now I just have to decide which one I'm going to wear...I think it depends on if I change my hair color before then.
I also just ordered some fabulous and amazing boots using my rewards passes that I earned buying stuff closer to my birthday. 
And now, I am off to watch the Hobbit Part 2: Dragon! again, in IMAX 3D this time.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
I managed to get all my baking in the freezer, as well as the turkey I bought at the grocery store.  All except one loaf.  It's in my neighbour's freezer.  I hope it is still there when I go to pick it up on Christmas Eve morning.  Since I gave them a loaf of their own, too, I think the chances are good it'll still be there.   ;D

I'm just about done the second pair of mitts I needed to do and then I can go back to working on my nephew's sweater.  I've pretty well cleaned up the kitchen from my baking but I'll need to do some dishes by hand.  That might not happen until tomorrow after my volunteer shift, sorting food.

Monday:
Clear the driveway before work
Load my donation box and empty beer bottles in the car
Work a half day
Volunteer shift at Christmas Cheer
Stop by the beer store to return my empties and pick up another case
Stop to pick up a gift for the work exchange, if I decide to participate
Do the non-dishwasher dishes
Knit
Ontario

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »
Got some grocery shopping done today, and also got our outside Christmas lights put up without bloodshed.  This is a major accomplishment for DH and I!  The difference between the complete perfectionist (him) and the "good enough" (me) can make things like agreeing on how the lights should be positioned a major issue.