Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 39160 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #690 on: March 22, 2014, 12:12:54 AM »
Green cat,

I run into the same problem.   I'm about as hourglass as you can get,  but still have a hard time finding clothes.

Shirts need to fit  my shoulders and chest.   If they fit there,  they are much too big in the waist and often snug on my hips.   If they fit my waist,  I can't get them over my boobs or  its stretched so tight,  one will placed sneeze would make me bust out of the fabric.  If they fit my hips will,  they are much too big everywhere else.   Empire waisted shirts seem to work best,  but then I run into problems with people thinking I'm pregnant.

Pants.   Oh how I hate pants. Depending on the waist line of the pant,  I have an  8-10 inch difference between my waist and hip measurements. So trying to find pants without major back butt gap is an exercise in frustration. Also,  I'm 5'4'' so petites are just a tad too short and regulars are several inches too short. Just to make things extra annoying,  I'm between two sizes.   One's way to big in the belly pooch/groin area,  the size down I can't get over my thighs. The in-between juniors size is not an option because I'm much too curvy in the butt and hip area for a junior cut pant.

I've finally found a solution.   Sleeveless dresses with a jacket,  shrugs,  or bolero type jacket or skirt and jacket separates .   It's especially nice when the dresses have the little side boob zipper since it gives me just enough room to get it over my head /shoulders without having to go up an unneeded size.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #691 on: March 22, 2014, 02:23:50 AM »
Thursday Nite did most of the shopping/food prep i usually do on Friday. Friday woke up early, walked to the main bus depot ( major marathon in our city so walking was pretty much the only way to get anywhere), one hour up hills, the took a bus to other city where I got my hair cut, walked on the beach,, went to a street artsy market, window shopped,and in general had a great day. I do this a few times a year, really helps me to recharge the ol' batteries.

Slept about ten hours last night. Haven't done that in a long time

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #692 on: March 22, 2014, 11:20:15 AM »
And I'm on a roll... Did major spring clean today:
*Got rid of old school papers, note books, photocopies of articles ( gad  I spent so much money on that! ), exams ( exciting to see my grades! I did pretty darn good considering i was in my 40s and working full time!). figured after five years, it's time. Piles are ready to go to recycling.
*cleaned out closet, got rid of old socks( and side question: does anyone know how to get the dinginess and greyness out of white gym socks?), old clothing, etc, tried on an old pair of slacks that I haven't fit into in many years and they zipped! Still a tad tight but I see progress!
* reorganized and cleaned the pantry, moved the disposables to a new spot.
* then regular weekly cleaning.
*and meanwhile my hair is slathered in coconut oil so it will look nice

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #693 on: March 22, 2014, 02:18:29 PM »
I was really on the ball this morning.  I got up early, as usual, washed the cat's dishes and fed her, fed the yard cats, washed a load of clothes, ate my breakfast, cleared the living room of its paper clutter, looked up some info on guitar picking and played the guitar a little bit.
I want to spend part of the day making some greeting cards.  That should be fun.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #694 on: March 22, 2014, 02:38:19 PM »
I lazed around this morning and then got up to about 8 inches of heavy wet snow on the ground.  My next door neighbours are away but their tenant, an older man with advanced liver cancer, had pretty well shovelled their whole driveway.  I got him to let me do the bottom with my snow blower and did my own drive.

I've cooked up parsnips and carrots and have sweet potatoes in the oven, baking.  I'm packing up dinners for the freezer.  I have some chicken thighs out and some ground beef to thaw.  I'm going to cook the chicken in the crockpot with some green pepper and onions and some tomato sauce, I think.  The ground beef will be made into lazy cabbage rolls.

I have some apples to cook down into applesauce, although I may make a pie with some of them.  And make a raspberry pie.  I freeze them without baking and then just bake them when I want them.  I'll take them to my Dad's for desserts while we are doing the sugarbush stuff.

I have to fill the bird feeder tonight.  I meant to do it last night before it snowed so it would be easier to do but I forgot.

Once I'm done cooking, I'll load the dishwasher with whatever fits and then wash everything else.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #695 on: March 23, 2014, 12:55:29 PM »
We've been running loads through the washer and dishwasher. DH found the shot glass that was blocking the sink disposal.  :o

Changed the air filter, bought groceries, hung up clothes, and we have aired the house all weekend.

Today, I will make batches of bean soup, brown rice broiled chicken breasts and my white bean salad for us to have for lunches. Trying to make a gluten free dessert for DH.

School work: Three big projects, each 5+ pages. I have 3 pages done on one and ideas for the rest of it. Trying not to be too worried about the deadline.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #696 on: March 23, 2014, 08:33:25 PM »
Today I met a friend for a sip and paint class. Since it was Sunday morning, instead of wine, they served coffee and doughnuts. We decided by the end that she's better at painting trees and I'm better at painting birds. Afterwards we grabbed more coffee and talked for a while. Then I went home to wash some laundry and hang it to dry (love this 80 F weather!), clean my house, make almond butter and start a batch of yogurt. Later I think I'll take the dog on a run and clean my bike.

veronaz

« Reply #697 on: March 23, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
Been struggling for a couple days with a computer problem (long story).........got so frustrated I thought I'd have to call the repair guy.  But this morning I took a deep breath, did more research, and fixed it myself.  :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:28:56 PM by veronaz »

greencat

« Reply #698 on: March 23, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »
I managed to get out of bed and eventually got myself to the nerd convention.  Due to a major sewing machine malfunction, I ended up attending in a borrowed Harry Potter outfit instead of the comic book character costume I originally planned, but it was an awesomely fun day.  Now I have Doctor Who prints to matte and frame :)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #699 on: March 23, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »
Been struggling for a couple days with a computer problem (long story).........got so frustrated I though I'd have to call the repair guy.  But this morning I took a deep breath, did more research, and fixed it myself.  :)

Congratulations!

snowfire

« Reply #700 on: March 23, 2014, 10:27:28 PM »
Cleaned out the junk from my car & put leather conditioner on the seats of the car and truck.  Washed the truck.  Aired up the tires in our bikes & my exercise ball. 

Filled three trashcans of yard stuff.  Going to be doing more this week since a week from tomorrow is unlimited pickup.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #701 on: March 24, 2014, 06:57:20 AM »
currently baking cookies :) Later I hope to make dinner as well, if I haven't bogged down by then

Bottlecaps

« Reply #702 on: March 24, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »
I have terrible phone anxiety. I positively loathe calling just about anyone for anything. I'll call Mr. Bottlecaps with no hesitation, but that's about it. Any other family member, friend, company, etc., I work myself up into a frenzy about it because I hate talking on the phone so much. (It's weird though, because once I get on the phone, I'm usually OK - and working in a pizza shop, I spend a lot of time on the phone there!)

Today though, I made two phone calls I'd been putting off for a few days. First, I called Otterbox to get the return process going on my Preserver (a common problem happened with mine, so I'm returning it so I can go with another company). Then, I called my aunt about some furniture she's getting rid of. I not only made one necessary phone call, but two! I'm so proud of myself! :)
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos

momof2weenies

• (3 weenies now!)
« Reply #703 on: March 24, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »
I was sick all last week, and there is just something about being stuck at home staring at clutter . . .
In 12 hours' worth of work, I managed to throw out nine bags of junk, fill the recycling bin with papers/boxes and build a pile of two laundry baskets' worth of good stuff to send to Goodwill.

This week I'm tackling my pile of recipe magazines to pull out what I want and recycle the rest.  My closets are next!
"Dachshunds are like potato chips. You can never have just one."

snowfire

« Reply #704 on: March 24, 2014, 06:30:12 PM »
in the middle of donating platelets.  typing one handed is tough.