Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 44067 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2013, 10:05:34 PM »
I got a lot done yesterday, and not so much today.

Kitchen cleaned
Bathroom cleaned
Laundry done - with holiday clothes for all the festivities this week at work
Bean soup made

Now to make brownies for a work birthday celebration tomorrow, will pick up ice cream to go with it tomorrow.

BarensMom

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »
I just finished my Xmas card list and my "shopping" (Thank you gift cards and Amazon!).

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2013, 01:32:56 AM »
You guys, I'm just going to say it: I have the most amazing friends in the world. Today with the help of 5 friends, we:

-added a second coat of primer to my bathroom
-painted the ceiling and one wall of said bathroom
-touched up the paint on 3 walls of the living room
-pulled up all the tape, reattached socket plates, etc
-moved all the living room furniture out of the kitchen and back into the living room
-scrubbed down the kitchen and its floors
-washed a bunch of dishes
-did a load of laundry
-hauled out a large amount of garbage
-made 3(!) hardware store runs
-installed a toilet
-put in baseboards
-put in a door frame
-hung a ceiling fan and two light fixtures
-reinstalled heating grates
-cooked an amazing dinner

I'm so happy I could cry but I'm just too tired to do anything but go to bed.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2013, 06:35:56 AM »
You guys, I'm just going to say it: I have the most amazing friends in the world. Today with the help of 5 friends, we:

-added a second coat of primer to my bathroom
-painted the ceiling and one wall of said bathroom
-touched up the paint on 3 walls of the living room
-pulled up all the tape, reattached socket plates, etc
-moved all the living room furniture out of the kitchen and back into the living room
-scrubbed down the kitchen and its floors
-washed a bunch of dishes
-did a load of laundry
-hauled out a large amount of garbage
-made 3(!) hardware store runs
-installed a toilet
-put in baseboards
-put in a door frame
-hung a ceiling fan and two light fixtures
-reinstalled heating grates
-cooked an amazing dinner

I'm so happy I could cry but I'm just too tired to do anything but go to bed.

Wow! You had a really busy day. I'm impressed and humbled by your handiness (and I'm no slouch in the home improvement project department  ;)).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Amara

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2013, 02:54:09 PM »
It was tough because I found it tiring but last night I finished wrapping all my stocking stuffer gifts.

No one in our family has given these since Mom and Dad stopped about 20 years ago (due to difficulty shopping). I rather missed them because the stockings were always full of small, practical but fun items, and it was delightful to have these to kind of laugh about. (They were always used.) This year, I decided to do it. It's going to be fun--at least I anticipate that--but I hadn't realize just how much effort it took to wrap about three dozen tiny gifts. I had to take breaks but still ended up with a headache. I'm glad I'm done, but I think it might be my first, and last time because it got to be not fun. On the other hand, if I did them throughout the year it shouldn't be bad.

Tonight, I plan to scrub the heck out of the master bathroom since I'd like to have the house clean before my vacation (the college is closed from December 21 through January 1). Let's see if I do it.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2013, 02:58:18 PM »
I arrived for my Christmas Cheer shift and found out that it was cancelled because the school buses weren't doing the pick up runs because it's too cold.  Not sure why because they did this morning's run when it was much colder, but whatever.  I did help out for about an hour and now I'm home early so I'm going to start knitting!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2013, 02:58:45 PM »
I went to the doctor and the pharmacy. I got blood tests drawn.  I am now about to start taking medication and then go pass out in bed.

I want to get well before Christmas!  Forget Santa, my only Grandbaby's coming to town!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

greencat

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2013, 04:11:09 PM »
For those trying to wrap many tiny items cutely, quickly, and with no hassle - cut a square of wrapping paper big enough to pull all four corners together like a bag.  Lay a piece of contrasting tissue paper still folded in half on the square so that the corners of the tissue paper are sticking out over the flat sides of the square.  Draw the corners of the papers together like a bag, and tie with curly ribbon.  No muss, no fuss - just lots of cute little bags.  The tissue paper helps pad out the corners of the object.

cwm

« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »
This weekend I absolutely finished my Christmas shopping. Got grandma and sis's boyfriend. Still waiting to get my boyfriend's gift back, but again, out of my hands entirely.

Had a lovely trip out to a local small town with a friend whom I've been meaning to spend time with, we had a lot of conversations that have been weighing on me for a while. I'm glad to have that done with, things are better now.

Amara

« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »
Thanks, Greencat! I appreciate the help.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »
For those trying to wrap many tiny items cutely, quickly, and with no hassle - cut a square of wrapping paper big enough to pull all four corners together like a bag.  Lay a piece of contrasting tissue paper still folded in half on the square so that the corners of the tissue paper are sticking out over the flat sides of the square.  Draw the corners of the papers together like a bag, and tie with curly ribbon.  No muss, no fuss - just lots of cute little bags.  The tissue paper helps pad out the corners of the object.

I love, love, love this method of wrapping little items.  They look so cute!
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

GratefulMaria

« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2013, 05:39:13 PM »
Bits and pieces today, but feels like progress:

- paid a couple of bills
- booked a shuttle for DS2's ride to the airport Saturday
- started a grocery list for tomorrow
- walked with dog
- folded laundry
- kept fire going
- chatted with my mother
- wrapped one of DH's gifts
- packed up a care package for DS1, it has his girlfriend's gift included
- started organizing what we need for DS2's financial aid application for next year
- spent way too much time on the internets

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2013, 06:01:22 PM »

I love, love, love this method of wrapping little items.  They look so cute!

For anything cylindrical in shape, use a slightly wider piece of tissue paper, and roll it. Tie two pieces of curling ribbon on the ends. Voila!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »
I've gotten 20 rows done on my nephew's sweater!  Doesn't sound like a lot but when there are about 10 different colour changes, it's complicated!  40 more rows and it'll be a snap!  And 40 more rows after that, the front will be done.  I just have to knit the collar and sew up the seams.

And then I can work on my Dad's sweater.  I think I'll be wrapping his up on the needles, though.   :P
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

MOM21SON

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »
I woke up and went to work. 

But I wanted to add that I like putting stocking stuffers in tissue paper shoved into toilet paper rolls, just the cardboard, and wrapped with the ends tied and twisted with ribbon.