Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 45185 times)

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »
Good idea for a topic!

My major wantta-do was to change the sheets on our California King bed. I've been putting it off for too long (my shoulder has been giving me problems).

This morning, I slowly and carefully pulled the dirty sheets off, and got the fresh ones on the bed. The dirty ones are swishing away in the washer now.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2013, 09:39:08 AM »
I managed to get my gifts all wrapped last night and the stocking stuffers organized.  They are packed away in a couple of rubbermaids, down in the spare bedroom ready to pack in the car Tuesday morning.  It took 3 hours!

I'm relaxing a bit this morning before I start cleaning.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:25 AM »
Cleaned the house and took a 2.5 hour power walk.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »
The cards are out.  The tree is up and trimmed.  All the presents are wrapped and the storage boxes have been put away. 

The only thing I still need to buy for Christmas dinner is a green vegetable. 

Something must be horribly wrong. 

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2013, 11:18:23 AM »
VorSon woke up with the flu.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:59:19 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

z_squared82

« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
I got 11 items posted to Etsy (four more to go!), took my mom to pick up her car from the shop, slipped coupons, and got my last Christmas present.

The only thing I NEED to do today is make the last goodie for work. But I really want to finish up with the Etsy posting and take a shower first.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »
I haven't done much cleaning yet but I purged my food cupboard and threw out anything old.  I put food that was on my overflow shelving unit in the cupboard and then put other stuff in its place on the shelving unit.  So now my kitchen table is clear!

I've packed up the last of my cookie tins for gifting and realized that I made far too many cookies.  I'll deliver two of them later this afternoon, one gets picked up tomorrow, hopefully, and the last one goes with me to work on Monday for a friend there.  I've packed up a couple of containers to take to Christmas, too.

I still need to get some cleaning done, though!  And put away my wrapping paper and bows and boxes.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

perpetua

« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2013, 05:41:39 PM »
Oh, I'm having a right old time of no motivation right now so this could be a good thread for me. If I know I've got to come here and say I did something today, maybe I'll get off my backside and do something? :)

Today I cleaned the bin, made a loaf of bread, went to the shops and made some good progress with my cross-stitch project. Doesn't seem like much but I'm counting that as a win right now!

I'm studiously avoiding Christmas and everything to do with it, so at least I'm not behind on preparations...

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »
Oh, I'm having a right old time of no motivation right now so this could be a good thread for me. If I know I've got to come here and say I did something today, maybe I'll get off my backside and do something? :)

I know, right?  Some days I don't feel like doing anything so any little thing that gets accomplished is a win!

I've added to my list:  I've got 'homemade' pizzas in the oven.  I didn't make the crust; I just used whole wheat pitas but I cut up a pepper, some turkey pepperoni and some olives and topped it with mozzarella.  I threw in some dried oregano and basil from my garden in the summer.  Just waiting for that to come out of the oven so I can eat some supper and then I have to get going and get some cleaning done.  I may have friends staying tomorrow night and the wife is a bit of a clean freak.  It won't be clean to her standards but it will be clean enough, dang it.
Ontario

dawnfire

« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
I got all my Christmas shopping done. now all i need to do is get some sticky tape, a roll of paper and a few gift bags

tonight (when the younger 2 are in bed) I'll make my cheesecake
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:26:39 PM by dawnfire »

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2013, 08:28:14 PM »
I got the bathroom counters, the toilets and the shower clean.  I think I'm done.  I'll vacuum tomorrow and mop the wood floors and call it good.  I'm too tired.  My last minute stuff may end up getting done Monday night instead of tomorrow, depending on whether or not I have company.
Ontario

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2013, 11:53:46 PM »
Today I put on the last coat of paint in my downstairs bathroom, two coats of primer and two of paint on the 4th half wall in my living room, which means I am DONE painting my downstairs. My upstairs still needs work, but one floor at a time.

I also pet sat, picked up Christmas presents for my pup from the independent pet store (doesn't sell pets but everything you need for them!) and thrift shop downtown, and ran an errand for a friend.

greencat

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2013, 12:50:22 AM »
Today was mostly a "me" day, so my accomplishments were:
Made Swedish meatballs from scratch for lunch.
Ran a load of laundry.
Dyed my hair - it had been looking a little brassy and my roots were showing badly.
Painted my nails a nice festive green.  I only messed the paint up a little bit...
Left early enough to go to the park to watch the free ballet performance that I got a great parking spot.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2013, 12:59:31 AM »
Today I put on the last coat of paint in my downstairs bathroom, two coats of primer and two of paint on the 4th half wall in my living room, which means I am DONE painting my downstairs. My upstairs still needs work, but one floor at a time.

I also pet sat, picked up Christmas presents for my pup from the independent pet store (doesn't sell pets but everything you need for them!) and thrift shop downtown, and ran an errand for a friend.

ARGH! Thanks to the uneven texture job done by my contractor, there are still spots in my bathroom missing paint. Oh well, I'll deal with that tomorrow.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2013, 07:16:36 AM »
I couldn't sleep so got up at 3:33am and set up my two week pill box so I wouldn't have to do it later today.  I just started using the pill box two weeks ago and I love it.  Most of them are too small for my big pills, but this one is great.  I'm getting the day off to a good start!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.