Author Topic: Crabby day made better by (a slightly twisted) co-worker  (Read 1694 times)

gingerzing

Crabby day made better by (a slightly twisted) co-worker
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »
My weekend was crummy.  Sick and cranky DH.  (found out why the extra cranky last night was because of some financial things that I didn't realize had been going on.  Or to the point NOT GOING on like money not going into savings account)  I had to drive in the icky snow to and from church.  (Saw an almost head-on crash - thankfully the median stopped the pickup)
Shovelled both our drive and the neighbor lady's since DH was sick yesterday afternoon.  Also shovelled this morning.
Crazy horrible drive in. 
Someone came in after parking next to my car and told me that I have a flat tire.  Really flat tire.  SIGH.

So my twisted co-worker comes by my desk and says "Good Morning" ;D
I tell her "No, not really."  >:(
She looked at me and said "It's a good morning.  You didn't wake up dead"
And kept walking on her way.

After about a beat, I started laughing outright.  Completely made my crummy morning better.  In a twisted sort of way.  (I thanked her a bit ago for it as well) 

I hope my office isn't the only one that has some twisted sense of humor or random bits of goofiness.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Crabby day made better by (a slightly twisted) co-worker
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »
My weekend was crummy.  Sick and cranky DH.  (found out why the extra cranky last night was because of some financial things that I didn't realize had been going on.  Or to the point NOT GOING on like money not going into savings account)  I had to drive in the icky snow to and from church.  (Saw an almost head-on crash - thankfully the median stopped the pickup)
Shovelled both our drive and the neighbor lady's since DH was sick yesterday afternoon.  Also shovelled this morning.
Crazy horrible drive in. 
Someone came in after parking next to my car and told me that I have a flat tire.  Really flat tire.  SIGH.

After about a beat, I started laughing outright.  Completely made my crummy morning better.  In a twisted sort of way.  (I thanked her a bit ago for it as well) 

I hope my office isn't the only one that has some twisted sense of humor or random bits of goofiness.

Oh, no.  Definitely not.  One of my supervisor's offices has an old door to the outside that is no longer used.  There was quite the draft coming in so we'd put up some plastic over it to keep the draft out.  Our lease is up for renewal.  As part of the negotiations, a bunch of fixes were initiated.  So they came in and built a half wall with a shelf on top, turning the door into a window.  With a draft.   ::)  One of my twisted coworkers posted a 'Welcome to [workplace] drive thru' sign, as well as a sign with drive thru rules, like thank the customer, smile, that sort of thing.  This kind of thing happens all the time.

In the case of your coworker telling you about your flat tire, at least they told you at the beginning of the day and you didn't go out to go home and have to wait around for AAA at that point.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

cwm

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
The management team in my company is really weird. As a result of my mom being a manager, I get to see a lot of the strangeness firsthand.

Last week it was photoshopped images of Vladimir Putin on various things. Bearshark, meteor, space unicorn, ritz cracker, crane, etc.

In the processing department (where my mom's a manager) there's occasionally "Unfiltered Friday" emails that go around. Images from the internet that express frustration in amusing ways. One of the most recent ones was the picture of a tote bag that read "God must love stupid people, he made so many of them".

At my last job, another girl and I were the Phantom Editors. We'd always have pens on us, and any official or semi-official note that got posted in an employees only area (break room, clock-in room) would be viciously edited and corrected. With commentary. Even if the managers knew who was doing it (I'm not sure if they did or not), they never told us to stop. It was amusing for everyone.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 01:19:51 PM »
I am an anthropology undergraduate student. All of the anthropology professor's offices have amusing and macabre graphics on their doors.

I currently have this on my door: http://www.agweb.com/assets/import/images/reindeer-games.jpg

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 02:17:34 AM »
I kinda want an office door so I can put this on it:

(It's the wreath of Khan!)

JoW

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 07:28:00 AM »
Today is my deparment Christmas party.  Its pot luck.  The dress code is tacky Christmas Sweaters.  I don't have a Christmas sweater so I put a couple of Christmas pins on my shirt.  And I'm wearing my tacky sparkly reindeer antlers hat.  I want to be that twisted co-worker who brings people a giggle. 

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 07:37:41 AM »
Today is my deparment Christmas party.  Its pot luck.  The dress code is tacky Christmas Sweaters.  I don't have a Christmas sweater so I put a couple of Christmas pins on my shirt.  And I'm wearing my tacky sparkly reindeer antlers hat.  I want to be that twisted co-worker who brings people a giggle.

I wear those fake antlers on Christmas Eve every year at work. I have had fellow employees ask me if I won't get into trouble for wearing antlers on the clock. As I always reply: you show me where it says "no antler wearing allowed" in the employee handbook.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 08:46:53 AM »
There's a great post on 'Not Always Working' today.  A person ends up with a flat tire at the end of their shift that they have to get fixed.  So she emails her coworkers to let them know she'll be late.  In poetry.  And gets several poetry replies, including the CEO.  I'd link it but I don't know how...   :-[
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Sapphire23

• I'm a smart cookie!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 09:36:37 AM »
There's a great post on 'Not Always Working' today.  A person ends up with a flat tire at the end of their shift that they have to get fixed.  So she emails her coworkers to let them know she'll be late.  In poetry.  And gets several poetry replies, including the CEO.  I'd link it but I don't know how...   :-[

Here it is:  http://notalwaysworking.com/there-are-verse-places-to-work/32768
Never make someone a priority, when they only make you an option.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 10:16:57 AM »
Thanks, Sapphire!
Ontario

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
I kinda want an office door so I can put this on it:

(It's the wreath of Khan!)

Good thing I didn't have any hot beverages at hand - I'd have been snorting tea!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

tinkytinky

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »

Here it is:  http://notalwaysworking.com/there-are-verse-places-to-work/32768

THAT.....WAS......EPIC!!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 05:53:48 PM »
My husband has a twisted sense of humor, too.  He is also disabled.  Many days the best he can say is that he woke up above ground.  Or he says, "I'm just glad that when I woke up my elbows didn't touch wood."

Hope things start going better for you, gingerzing. :)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »
Before my friend's father passed away of cancer, every time I went to see him and ask him how he was doing, no matter how miserable he was he would say in a chipper voice, "I'm great!  I woke up on the right side of the grass today!"
"After all this time?"
"Always."