Author Topic: Your Favourite 'Tacky' Christmas Song  (Read 5049 times)

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
Re: Your Favourite 'Tacky' Christmas Song
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2013, 02:17:11 PM »
I love pretty much every song listed, but I've developed a passion for Straight No Chaser "The Christmas Can Can Song". Heard it, choked on laughter, and then dug it up on youtube. Hysterically funny! :)

And Billy Squier...love him...and I'll take chocolate chip cookies, please. :)
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

Amanita

• San Francisco I miss you!
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2013, 05:01:28 PM »
Does anyone know this song? I've heard it before and laughed my butt off, but I don't know the name of it.
It's all about how Santa Claus is snooping around, he's probably got a file on you, stuff like that. It's a guy and a bunch of kids singing like Santa fancies himself an FBI agent, with all his snooping through your business.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2013, 07:37:01 PM »
"Juggle Bills" and "Deck the Halls With Parts of Charlie" from Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas by the Cryptkeeper. 

They were playing this at Universal a couple of weeks ago, before Beetlejuice's Graveyard Review. My personal favourite was "We wish you'd bury the missus". I am devastated that they do not have this on iTunes.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

magicdomino

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
"Juggle Bills" and "Deck the Halls With Parts of Charlie" from Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas by the Cryptkeeper. 

They were playing this at Universal a couple of weeks ago, before Beetlejuice's Graveyard Review. My personal favourite was "We wish you'd bury the missus". I am devastated that they do not have this on iTunes.

Used copies are running $25 and over on Amazon.   :-\

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2013, 08:31:30 PM »

Used copies are running $25 and over on Amazon.   :-\

I have requested it from iTunes. Maybe they will have it for next year. Meanwhile, YouTube has many of the selections.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Library Dragon

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2013, 11:39:46 PM »
I forgot Tom Lehrer! His Christmas Carol hits all the buttons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffO8nZThwmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It almost explains poisoning pigeons in the park.  >:D

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2013, 09:39:29 AM »
OK, thanks for the warning.  I actually like pigeons.

yachtchick

• Caribbean Cat Charters
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »
"How will Santa get here".  Never heard it?  We live on an island in the tropics .. hear are the lyrics that won't leave my head.  "We have no reindeer in my country.  He have to borrow my neighbors donkey."  "A big big bag of goodies-down for the West Indies- still I have a question- what's his transportation?" Yes, Reggae and played every where you go.

You can not control the wind - you can only adjust your sails.

BB-VA

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »
"Merry Christmas from the Family" by Montgomery Gentry because sometimes I feel like that describes my family. :D

POD POD POD!!

Except for my Granny not holding with drinking in her house, it does feel kinda BTDT. 

ETA - this link  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmN0bE2jCv8
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 04:21:54 PM by BB-VA »
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

Bethczar

« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2013, 05:48:31 PM »
The Porky Pig version of " Blue Christmas". The first time DH & I heard it, we had to pull off the road, we were laughing so hard.

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2013, 12:03:53 AM »
I just discovered "Merry Christmas From the Family" thanks to Matt Paxton from "Hoarders." He played it on his podcast, along with another song by ("Feelin' Good Again") by Robert Earl Keen, whom I'd never heard of before. I am now a fan. He reminds me of a Texan John Prine.

In fact, I described the song to Bagman as: "Imagine the Lou and Peter Berryman song 'Big Dead Bird' if it had been written/sung by a Texan John Prine."

Here's a Berryman fan's rendition of "Big Dead Bird": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kalAXoPYNVE
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady