Etiquette School is in session! > "So kind of you to take an interest."

Roses Aren't Blue...

<< < (5/5)

Twik:
There are some mental conditions where people are very literal, and can't do abstract thinking. It sounds to me like this is what's going on here, because I don't think adults should be fazed by the sight of blue embroidered roses.

Onyx_TKD:

--- Quote from: CrochetFanatic on December 09, 2013, 06:02:17 PM ---Today, I went to the book store after some Christmas shopping, bought a book that seemed interesting, and I sat down in one of the chairs to relax a bit before heading home.  I had my new bookmark with me, eager to put it to use, and it was sitting in the open book as I started to read.  After a while, a voice behind and above me caused me to jump.  "Um, roses aren't blue.  Whoever did that made a mistake."

--- End quote ---

"Of course they are! Haven't you ever heard the poem 'Violets are purple, Roses are blue...'"
And when she tries to correct you that it's "Roses are red, Violets are blue"
"But that's silly! If violets were blue, they wouldn't be called violets!"

cabbagegirl28:

--- Quote from: Piratelvr1121 on December 10, 2013, 09:21:33 AM ---I've always associated them with a character from Tennessee Williams' play "The Glass Menagerie".  Laura had pleurosis and there's a young man who misunderstands her when she speaks of her pleurosis and calls her Blue Roses instead.

--- End quote ---

For Whom The Southern Belle Tolls, a parody of The Glass Menagerie plays on that as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version