Author Topic: Roses Aren't Blue...  (Read 3983 times)

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Roses Aren't Blue...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 11:55:17 PM »
I wonder if she also goes up to people with images of dragons, vampires, or Santa Claus and informs people their items are inaccurate. Roses aren't usually two dimensional either...

There you go...introducing logic into the equation :P

Peppergirl

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 12:13:33 AM »
Geez!  :o

I find myself wondering if some of these people who insert themselves into conversations and/or comment on stranger's property were raised by wolves, or something.

Lula

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 08:33:54 AM »
Wow.  I hope the person who said that is younger than six.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
I'm sad for people who have no imagination or sense of whimsy.

I would have said that there are blue roses - there is one right on my bookmark.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
Wow.  I hope the person who said that is younger than six.

I could imagine a few six year olds who would be enchanted by blue roses.  I just see this person as someone who really has a hard time using imagination, like the kid who gets after another one because "Crocodiles are GREEN, not purple and polka dotted!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 04:20:40 PM »
There are some mental conditions where people are very literal, and can't do abstract thinking. It sounds to me like this is what's going on here, because I don't think adults should be fazed by the sight of blue embroidered roses.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 05:07:23 PM »
Today, I went to the book store after some Christmas shopping, bought a book that seemed interesting, and I sat down in one of the chairs to relax a bit before heading home.  I had my new bookmark with me, eager to put it to use, and it was sitting in the open book as I started to read.  After a while, a voice behind and above me caused me to jump.  "Um, roses aren't blue.  Whoever did that made a mistake."

"Of course they are! Haven't you ever heard the poem 'Violets are purple, Roses are blue...'"
And when she tries to correct you that it's "Roses are red, Violets are blue"
"But that's silly! If violets were blue, they wouldn't be called violets!"

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 05:12:28 PM »
I've always associated them with a character from Tennessee Williams' play "The Glass Menagerie".  Laura had pleurosis and there's a young man who misunderstands her when she speaks of her pleurosis and calls her Blue Roses instead.

For Whom The Southern Belle Tolls, a parody of The Glass Menagerie plays on that as well.

Vita brevis, ars longa