Author Topic: "wicked" stepmother?  (Read 3870 times)

CaffeineKatie

Re: "wicked" stepmother?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 06:11:15 PM »
I had the same reactions--immaturity all around, a marriage based on nothing more than hormones, and a woman (not much older than her stepdaughters if my math is correct) trying to buy their affections.  Such a mess.  And while the Daily Mail certainly does like to fluff stories a bit, it's articles like this that make me look at my crazy family and think "it could be soooooo much worse!"  lol

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »
This woman sounds like a troll.   Seriously, she is doing everything in her power to antagonise!! 

I adore my stepmother, and she has created many wonderful, happy Christmases for myself and my siblings.   Yes there is a teeny bit of awkwardness on occasion, but as long as everybody behaves maturely and controls their behaviour everything is great.    Teenagers will behave like teenagers.  And apparently, nasty, self-absorbed mistresses will behave like nasty self-absorbed stepmothers.   (Note again, I have nothing against stepmothers, but this woman's self described behaviour is atrocious!!)
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

figee

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
I'm a stepmother and have no sympathy for the writer at all. The husband doesn't come out smelling of roses either.

metallicafan

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 06:48:26 PM »
Nope, not much sympathy for the writer.  She had an affair with a married man.  The husband isn't any better.

Amara

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »
The husband is the person to place the major blame on here. He was older with (one hopes) more wisdom; he should have stayed away from his assistant (moving in with her to save on costs, really?); he left his marriage and his daughters. He is the one most at fault.

But the stepmother ... wow. That's a piece of work. Nasty person. Disgusting. And now lays it all out in the media for the whole world to view. If anyone talks to her again I would be very surprised.

I really see no blame for the daughters at all. They were teens, probably terribly hurt at their parent's break and at the horrible behavior of their father at a time when life is difficult. This is a very unpleasant story that is deeply personal and should never have gone public.

I feel dirty just having read it.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Let's see: Peter is a cad. Maria began as innocent, young, and vulnerable. The stepdaughters are in pain and rude.

I am frankly surprised the marriage lasted as long as it did (which speculation is rude, I know) and am not a bit surprised at how it ended.

I kind of feel sorry for everyone here with each expectation and dream and lack of understanding the implications of the events all ending in a bad way. But it's still each person's own fault.

Considering the publication and the cluelessness of each character, I kind of agree with TootsNYC:

That has to be a parody!

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 07:26:15 PM »
She earned every moment of her unhappiness. Absolutely no sympathy from me. 

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »
She earned every moment of her unhappiness. Absolutely no sympathy from me.

Agreed

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
I especially love how she blames everyone else for her actions, nothing is ever her fault or responsibility. Threw her teen age stepdaughter's plate out the window? Because her stepdaughter wasd picking the fruit out of the pudding. Ummm no. You threw it because you lost your temper, and reacted violently to a minor and stupid incident.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »
It always astounds me how shocked people are when they had an affair with somebody, that person left their spouse for them, and then, years later, that person leaves them.  She already knew he was capable of walking out on a wife and two girls on the brink of adolescence just so he could have more playtime with you, and then she's shocked that he does it to her.

And I'm with the others, she was hugely responsible for the relationship and breakup to begin with (who offers her house as an overnight to a married man on a regular basis without intending something?), and then it seems like she expects teenagers to immediately accept her.  They're teens, they've got all sorts of hormones going on, and moreover they are just at the age to be thinking about relationships and what it means to be a responsible adult, and what an example they get.  And *then* when they don't immediately adore her and gush over all the work she's done, she throws a kid's plate out the window?  That was probably the moment where she broke it.  Maybe they might have eventually come around, MAYBE.  But right then and there, she established herself as somebody who cared more about them doing what she wanted and being the perfect happy lovely family (which *they* probably thought they had and saw her as the interloper in) than about them.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:48 PM »
The husband is a scumbag. She's not much better with her, "You can't help who you love." One may, indeed, fall in love with someone who is not free to return it. But you can choose what you do then. Having an affair with a married man is not inevitable.

The girls behaved badly later on, but the first time? A year after dad moved out to be with his mistress? The worst that happened is that Samantha didn't know that her dad would eat pork now and didn't like the fruit in the pudding. And Maria responds by hurling a plate out the window? Who is the teenager here, anyway? She behaved incredibly badly.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »
  Haveing an affair with thier father ay have been unforgivable.  While the father was equally at fault there and especially at fault for how he left; Without a word on boxing day. He's their father , he had 17 years of possible good relationship built up to balance against the bad act.   She throw a pudding out the window because the girl picked out the fruit that was so far beyond the girls mild snideness, they already had reasons to dislike her that by itself would be reason to not speak to  stepparent again. That  level of rage is abusive. The girl didn't even say anything about the pudding she just didn't eat the  the way her fathers Girlfriend at the time wanted her to. Since like the daughters took the gloves off after the second Christmas violent tantrum.  BTW not just for the affair but these girls also interacted with her at their dads shop , was she snide when the daughter walked in on them having champagne or sis she just deceive them too for 3 years.  Respect and forgiveness have to be earned.  She married the man 6 years after the tree throwing event.

BTW I was a stepmother twice , the first I had a good relationship with the child and his mother. The second do to distance and ages I had a pleasant civil relationship with my stepdaughters.