Author Topic: If I ever have the opportunity, should I say something? Long...sorry  (Read 4913 times)

EnoughAlready22

Re: If I ever have the opportunity, should I say something? Long...sorry
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 08:31:49 AM »
My response to the people telling you what Betty said would be "Betty doesn't know what she is talking about.".

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »
"You know, my mother considered you a dear friend. She would be appalled to know that you would betray her memory by saying such awful things about her family."

If I said anything at all, I would say this, and leave out the first part.

I love this. There's no way they could hear that and not feel ashamed of themselves, which they should!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 06:06:59 PM »
"You know, my mother considered you a dear friend. She would be appalled to know that you would betray her memory by saying such awful things about her family."

If I said anything at all, I would say this, and leave out the first part.

I like that one, too.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 09:05:46 PM »
My response to the people telling you what Betty said would be "Betty doesn't know what she is talking about.".

This is a good response, I think!

Kaypeep

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 02:36:38 PM »
I'd call this Betty "friend" and tell her something along the lines of "I have heard on 3 separate ocassions from people citing you as a source for gossip about my father's second marriage, and also invoking my mother's memory by saying she would be disappointed in my father.  Now, the cherry on top is that I heard from a friend who is a teacher that she overheard 2 of her classmates discussing MY FAMILY and the divorce in a very unflattering way, and I can only assume that once again the source for this gossip was  you.  So i'm calling to ask you to please stop discussing my family members and spreading falsehoods.  You probably aren't even aware that your stories are being spread from person to person, and most hurtfully, are coming back to me and my sister in a most painful and hurtful way.  If you respect my mom's values so much, then I ask you consider the hurt and frustration her daughters are going through hearing their family members discussed like guests on an episode of Dr. Phil.  No one ever knows every side to every story.  So if you want to be friends with Sarah, go ahead.  But if you consider yourself a friend of my family as well, then please stop talking about our business with other people."