News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 21, 2017, 08:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Co Worker co opting a gift meant for Department  (Read 21740 times)

Cherry91

Re: Co Worker co opting a gift meant for Department
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
Veronaz -  There are cameras everywhere and they are watched (how we busted a private nurse for one resident going into another resident's apartment) and everyone knows we are watched. 

Mime -  My direct supervisor is awesome.  He is funny, easy going, expects hard work but works just as hard along side us.  I got lucky after my last boss, who came straight from the bowels of a very hot area!

Yeah, some people don’t know how much we (general) are being watching everyday, everyplace……I guess that’s the point.  I read something about a person getting arrested for making threats via a payphone – thinking they were being slick.  Nope. ;)

It’s good you have a great boss.  For instance, if boss was buddy-buddy with that co-worker, things would have been different,

Bosses from the bowels……what a thread that would be.  ::shudder::

Yes, I think we should start one..

Oh yes, I would have some winners for that thread...
All will be well, and all manner of things will be well.

bopper

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2013, 09:00:44 AM »
SS coworker was supposed to split the time but she left at 2 30 and didn't come back till after 5 so she only did a half hour 

This was when I would go to the boss and say "Is everything okay with SSCoworker?  She was supposed to relieve me for parking duty at X;00 but didn't come outside until after 5."

And s/he could say "Yes, I sent her on an errand, sorry about that" or "I will find out."

siamesecat2965

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2013, 09:09:13 AM »
SS coworker was supposed to split the time but she left at 2 30 and didn't come back till after 5 so she only did a half hour 

This was when I would go to the boss and say "Is everything okay with SSCoworker?  She was supposed to relieve me for parking duty at X;00 but didn't come outside until after 5."

And s/he could say "Yes, I sent her on an errand, sorry about that" or "I will find out."

She just seems to be digging that hole deeper and deeper! 

As for the whole gifting issue; my grandmother was in a small nursing home, maybe 30 beds. And it was private pay, so most of the residents were fairly well off...but they way they did gifts was if you wanted to, and it was completely voluntary, you could give $$ to the office, and they would then pool and distribute it to all the staff.  I know sometimes too, others brought food for all to share. 

But if we had done that, and found out that one staffer had appropriated it for herself, we too would have wonderred about what else might have gone missing from Grandmas' room.

texgalatheart

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »
My daughter works in a multi level of care retirement home. She isnt allowed to accept anything from a resident - unless it is being offered to everyone, not cookies, candy - nothing.They cannot accept a monetary gift directly from the residents at all. she gets a Christmas gift/bonus that comes from the residents contributing to the fund and it is dispersed out based on job, time on job etc.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2013, 06:09:47 PM »
Don't we already have a Bad Bosses thread somewhere?  I'm sure I posted about my horrible ex-boss there.

Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=114330.0
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »

She was off the clock at 2 30 but said she would be back (she asked for the OT and it was approved) and I was supposed to do 3- 4 30, her 4 30- 6...she did 5 20 to 5 50 then she came in to get food.  Boss told her to punch out because she was done helping...she was mad and whined all today about how all her extra work is never appreciated.  And, although it was hard, I managed not to blurt out "You'll get a pat on the back when you actually do something other than moan and groan."