Author Topic: White Elephant Gift?---Oh, well...nevermind  (Read 4476 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: White Elephant Gift?---Oh, well...nevermind
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »
I want mad cow and a brain cell.

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
I want mad cow and a brain cell.

Here's the whole kit and kaboodle:  http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/

I have a difficult time deciding which ones I want. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:36:35 AM by LadyJaneinMD »

magicdomino

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2013, 01:53:57 PM »
Brain cells are good.  Everyone needs an extra brain cell.

lakey

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2013, 01:55:58 PM »
We did White Elephant gifts for my school's faculty Christmas party and it was loads of fun. First, you might want to clarify details with the host. Ours were joke gifts, and silly items from around the house, not purchased. We did that thing where people can "steal" someone else's gift. One woman gave a breast pump. Others would give some awful looking item of clothing. If you have an item that you purchased on a whim and it turns out to be useless or a piece of junk, you can give that. Some of the best gifts are the ones that are things you are embarrassed that you bought.

I had once bought a biography of Clint Eastwood titled "Clint Eastwood, Sexual Cowboy". It was an awful book. I gave that as my white elephant gift, and it got a big laugh. Then the next year the teacher I gave it to rewrapped it and passed it off to another victim. The next person doctored it up. She took those school pictures that included small pictures of teachers, cut out the teachers' heads and pasted them over the heads of women in some of the photos in the book so that it looked like teachers were in the pictures with Clint.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 01:46:38 AM »
One of my best was a copy of Liberace's cookbook and a feather boa.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 02:17:28 PM »
I found a bright purple purse that I fell in love with...but got home & realized that I'd taken the tag off too soon - it was too small to carry what I wanted to have with me. 

I don't mind a "wallet on a string" and a second bag with the rest of the necessary items - because I can leave the second bag in the car if I won't NEED those items where I am going.  But not having room for the wallet and the minimal items...so I have to carry a tote bag AND a purse (not just have the tote bag in the car)...nope - not going to work.

On the other hand, it had a cell phone pocket on it and was purple...it got stolen a lot at the Red Hat Christmas party (the year before - a RED purse of about the same size had been the most stolen item).  I didn't bring the red purse....

Reminds me - I need to keep an eye out to find another red or purple purse for next year's Red Hat party.  We all have hats - not everyone has purses that fit the theme!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?