Author Topic: You are not the captain of this team - I am.  (Read 14784 times)

English1

Re: You are not the captain of this team - I am.
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2014, 12:51:44 PM »
I think you'll be a lot happier now OP, and enjoy the sport again.

"And maybe it is "quitting", but it's also one of those things where I have to deal with it in other areas of my life." It's not quitting. It's not giving up. It's standing down from a voluntary role you've done for a couple of years, as you can no longer give it the time/energy it needs, and it is impacting on your life too much. You want to go back to a player-only role. Fair enough. Good for you for doing it at all. No one expected you to sign up for life  ;D

AzaleaBloom

• Help, I'm stepping into the twilight zone...
Re: You are not the captain of this team - I am. FINAL UPDATE: Post 76
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2014, 09:49:33 PM »
So, the final update to all of this:

The pre-game meeting before the final game of the past session went surprisingly well.  Everything was laid in front of Luke - as well as everyone else - about why we were there to play and what we wanted to accomplish.  The game that followed was probably the most fun we have had playing in months.  We didn't win, but we played well, and we had fun. 

James agreed to take over as captain.  I will just be there as a player, although I will fill in when he's away.  Which isn't a problem at all!  :)

It all worked out really well, and I'm excited about next season!   ;D

Margo

Re: You are not the captain of this team - I am.
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »
Glad it worked out well. I hope that Luke will take on board what was said and will not give James a rough ride.